Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a zone 4.25 combo, I decided to take my t case spacers off as I read you shouldn't need then till about 4in. So jacked my skid and took then out and bolted only 3 bolts on as the other bolts would thread in. For now it lays flush but I'll fix that tomorrow somehow. As I was driving home I did feel a little vibrations from stopped and going through first. I also heard a light clunking noise( front passenger) does anyone know what the cause of this could be. I'm thinking of ordering a MML but it'll take 3 weeks to ship. Should I be okay to dd this until then? How do I understand how much vibrations I have till I need a mml?

Sorry for the long post

Tldr: clunking noise after removing t case drop, how much vibes is too much?

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I thought the Zone Combo kit included a MML.

Vibes can happen as early as 2" of spring lift depending on your engine, transmission and t-case combo.

You don't want any vibes. What you are feeling are your u-joints working beyond their limit and quickly wearing out. Add some washers to drop the t-case skid until they go away.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the Zone Combo kit included a MML.

Vibes can happen as early as 2" of spring lift depending on your engine, transmission and t-case combo.

You don't want any vibes. What you are feeling are your u-joints working beyond their limit and quickly wearing out. Add some washers to drop the t-case skid until they go away.
could i get away with 3 weeks like this?

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
could i get away with 3 weeks like this?
Parked in your garage, it will last forever. I wouldn't drive it knowing what is happening. Just add some washers to lower the skid until the MML goes in. Otherwise all you are doing is causing damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts