Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 TJ, about 4" unkown manny lift, I bought it this way! Wondering why I am having issues? The T-case is lowered properly by all outward appearances however I noticed in the quadratec mag that there is a kit that is installed at the shifter to allow for better shifting. So the reason I ask; 1st and 2nd at times grind a little (do not believe it is the clutch) cannot down shift to 1st until at about 15mph (so maybe the clutch). The other issues are shifting from 1st into 2nd it makes a loub "clunk" and it is almost like ican feel it, but it shifts. Also the T-case shifts into 4 but it seems a little problematic, example is that the pattern on the stick showing how to lift the lever seems to be a little different then what I actually have to do, maybe it is not seated right? Please help!

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
It might be your transmission needs a rebuild. Getting into 4wd high should be as easy as just pulling up on the lever. Nothing should grind.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I've heard you should never downshift into 1st while moving (I make small exceptions to this when moving really slow) especially at 15mph!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts