·
Rube Goldberg
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Rube Goldberg
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should change your handle to "Eagle Eye" - nice spot.

Question is... I wonder if either of these is as robust as the TF adjustable tire carrier is supposed to be...

I'm a little turned off to TF after all of their cheesy YouTube videos and their (more or less) ripoff of the Reid Racing steering knuckles... But their adjustable tire carrier is supposed to be good stuff. Guess one TF product on the Jeep wouldn't hurt...

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Smittybilt also has a similar version. Unfortunately no one around here seems to have used any of the TF "clones." Price point is more palatable but I cannot find any reviews.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Got my winter QTec catalogue and saw the Tactik items for the first time. The bumpers appeal to me but I'm hesitant to look at an unknown brand. Is Tactik a QTec in house product?

·
Rube Goldberg
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is Tactik a QTec in house product?
Not sure, but it seems it's an exclusive to Quadratec product. I can't seem to locate a manufacturer website through Google searches.

However, I did find their stuff on ACME Jeep Parts... which has products listed as "Quadratec Exclusive" on their site. Which is weird.

Who knows.

I think I'll just stick with my original plan and get the TF one instead.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I just ordered the TF hinge only. I can use the stock mount to hold my 35" tire. Got a good deal and like to buy U.S. Made when I can.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just saw the Tactik in the catalog as well. Looks very interesting. I definitely like the price point since you can get the reinforcement plus adjustable mount for $200 cheaper than the TF. I've been eyeing the TF for quite some time but hate to spend that much. Curious to know how this product holds up compared to the TF hinge. I really want to get a full size spare but need something that can hold the weight.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
The Tactik heavy duty hinge looks 100% exactly like the Rugged Ridge hinge, just with a different name on it. It looks like they just ripped off the Rugged Ridge design.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,507 Posts
That's actually my JKU on the website and in the catalog. I really like the setup for the hinges & spare. It's solid (Heavy duty) and works great! If anyone would like a discounted quote please PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part number(s) you would like.

Thanks!

-Rick

·
Rube Goldberg
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So is this the same product under different name. Tactik and Rugged Ridge?
Looks like it... though, Rugged Ridge is a division of Omix-ADA. Maybe Omix created another division called TAKTIC as just another avenue to sell their products?

·
Registered
319 Posts
That's actually my JKU on the website and in the catalog. I really like the setup for the hinges & spare. It's solid (Heavy duty) and works great! If anyone would like a discounted quote please PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part number(s) you would like. Thanks! -Rick
Nice looking Jeep there, Rick. Did you have to relocate your vacuum pump or anything else to install the bumper or did it bolt right on? And which winch is that m, the Q9500i or the Q11500i?

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,507 Posts
Nice looking Jeep there, Rick. Did you have to relocate your vacuum pump or anything else to install the bumper or did it bolt right on? And which winch is that m, the Q9500i or the Q11500i?
Thanks much! This does not require a vacuum pump relocation bracket when not using a winch. However, it does require a vacuum pump relocation bracket when using the winch mount. Any vacuum pump relocation bracket we offer should work great for you.

The winch shown is the Q9500i Stealth Winch here:

Quadratec Exclusive 92122 2042 - Quadratec Q9500is Stealth Winch with Dyneema® Synthetic Rope - Quadratec

-Rick

·
Rube Goldberg
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks much! This does not require a vacuum pump relocation bracket when not using a winch. However, it does require a vacuum pump relocation bracket when using the winch mount. Any vacuum pump relocation bracket we offer should work great for you.

The winch shown is the Q9500i Stealth Winch here:

Quadratec Exclusive 92122 2042 - Quadratec Q9500is Stealth Winch with Dyneema® Synthetic Rope - Quadratec

-Rick
Back to the tire carrier... Rick, any comment from the Big Q as to the origins of this brand? Is it a Quadratec brand that you guys had Rugged Ridge make for you (just guessing here, because the tire carrier looks exactly the same as the RR one)?

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,507 Posts
Back to the tire carrier... Rick, any comment from the Big Q as to the origins of this brand? Is it a Quadratec brand that you guys had Rugged Ridge make for you (just guessing here, because the tire carrier looks exactly the same as the RR one)?
Sure, the Tactik line of bumpers, tire carriers & components are made in Taiwan.

Regarding the manufacturer these are a private label only offered by Quadratec.

Thanks!

-Rick

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Sure, the Tactik line of bumpers, tire carriers & components are made in Taiwan.

Regarding the manufacturer these are a private label only offered by Quadratec.

Thanks!

-Rick
Rick,

Are there any plans to offer a metal skid plate (front sway/steering) that mates up to the Tactik front bumper or should the other aftermarket brands clear the Tactik bumper?

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,507 Posts
Rick,

Are there any plans to offer a metal skid plate (front sway/steering) that mates up to the Tactik front bumper or should the other aftermarket brands clear the Tactik bumper?
I just spoke with my product design team. I was told that we did test the Tactik front bumper with this skid plate and it works great:

Rugged Ridge 18003.30 - Rugged Ridge Front Skid Plate for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

I was also told that we may consider doing a Tactik brand skid plate. I'll let you know if that gets the green light.

Thanks!

-Rick

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,507 Posts
Rick, so are the Tactik, RR, and Smitty all built by the same folks in Taiwan? The RR and Tactik look to be nearly identical while the Smitty has some variation. Thanks for the inside scoop.
Smittybilt Part 2843 - Pivot Heavy-Duty Oversize Tire Carrier-WS3
Terry, regarding the manufacturer: These are a private label only offered by Quadratec. Due to a signed NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) I'm unable to state the name of the manufacturer.

Thanks & have a great weekend!

-Rick

1 - 20 of 42 Posts