Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the boneheaded story

Few months ago, as we unloaded my YJ, my gf closed the tailgate...well not completely. I crossed the street from my house and headed up a steep hill and it swung open. Damage wasn't too bad. I could close it but had to force it a little by lifting.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I re-enacted the situation. This time I was driving out of my driveway and the damage is worse.

Now I lift the spare and then have to push pretty hard to get it shut. I locked it and haven't bothered opening it since.

Now I want to get it fixed, but I don't know where to go. I was hoping somebody on here could point me in a good direction for help (or make some money and help me out)

It seems like it should be a pretty easy fix for somebody with the right tools and/or skill set that I don't have.

tl;dr My tailgate needs realignment, where can I go for help?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any bodyshop will give you a free estimate. I could look at it and help you out if your close. I don't know what part of OREGON you live in but I'm in Albany

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in portland. I'm hoping someone can recommend a good body shop. If I head south, I'll keep you in mind.

·
Registered
364 Posts
When my wife backed our Commander into a tree, these guys did an awesome job fixing it up.

Mackin's Auto Body

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The drop down tail gate is sweet. I do prefer that style...really wish I had the money to spend on that and swing out tire carrier.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mackin's Capitol Auto Body
5.0 stars

(503) 388-5326

9741 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland, OR 97219

·
Registered
339 Posts
I agree in the drop down tailgate for a fix and loose the spare tire. I installed the kit and took off the spare. In worst case, I throw it in the back with my rear seat folded up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts