Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I noticed one of my bulbs being blown in the tail light. Would like to know if there are any improvements to be made instead of just replacing the bulb?

Are there any led direct replacement bulbs or would the whole assembly need to be replaced? Links would be helpful for any items needed to be purchased.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found these:

These LED tail lights bolt directly in place of the factory OE lamps. Cutting of the OE lamp pigtail is required and must be spliced onto the new assembly with included hardware. Each light has 16 LED parking, turn and brake light bulbs so you will be seen, and 22 LED back up light bulbs so you can see back up in the darkest places. Dot & SAE compliant and meets federal regulations FMVSS108. When purchasing LED lights for your vehicle don’t forget to purchase load equalizer part # CWBLE625 . Without the load equalizers your turn signals will flash quickly as if you have a bad bulb. The load equalizers fix the quick flash and allow your lights to flash like normal turn signals.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I went with "Pilot" brand tail light they are true plug & play LED tail lights they look awesome and on my 06 TJ I didn't have to get a new flasher ... They are really nice and bright too...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not needing the relay is a plus. Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts