Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello JK fans,
Having problems with the turnsignals on my 2008 JK Unlimited. I have replaced the multifunction switch, all turnsignal lights, headlights and tail lights. When I signal left or right both tail lights flash as though the signal is going to both lights. I have check all the grounds. They only thing I have not torn apart is the dash. Any ideas where this circuit could be crossed?:pullinghair:Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am at the end of the rope so you may be right. Of course the first question is how can I trouble shoot this before I have to buy another. Is there any practice that I should follow before I pay to replace?

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Just a thought.. any way your ( if you have one) trailer light plug or wiring is pinched or bare wires touching?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I figured out how to make them stop, but do not know why. The taillights have a connector that goes from one tail light to the other. From the manufacture and the YouTube videos, is supposed to do something. When I unplugged that, they started working as they should. Not sure why that would short across them, but at least it is fixed. For now... Thanks for the suggestions. Glad it was not the TIPM. $$$$

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
So I figured out how to make them stop, but do not know why. The taillights have a connector that goes from one tail light to the other. From the manufacture and the YouTube videos, is supposed to do something. When I unplugged that, they started working as they should. Not sure why that would short across them, but at least it is fixed. For now... Thanks for the suggestions. Glad it was not the TIPM. $$$$
Glad you have this figured out. Can you post a picture of this connector?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts