Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At slower speeds...after I took the spare off the noise has stopped.I looked at the rivets and they all seem fine to me but the inner panel of the tailgate has a small warp in it,My question is can a 75lb tire and rim cause this and is it the beginning of the tailgate coming apart.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...now would the Teraflex JK hinged carrier stop this from going further or would the tire carrier that attaches to the rear bumper be better?

·
Registered
664 Posts
What size tire are you running and for how long? I have a 35x12.50r17 Nitto Trail Grappler on the stock tailgate for the past year, my spot welds pretty much look the same.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I run 33 x 11.5 r 18 grapplers on mine, and 3 months later, I had to get the Teraflex HD Hinge. Stopped the damage from getting worse, but the top spot welds were letting go. Teraflex to the rescue.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What size tire are you running and for how long? I have a 35x12.50r17 Nitto Trail Grappler on the stock tailgate for the past year, my spot welds pretty much look the same.
265/70r17 Toyo Open Country AT on a Fuel Hostage rim...came this way from the dealer .I've had the Jeep since January of this year.Since I've taken off the spare I have no noise from the back anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts