Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i was installing AEV tire carrier on a 10A bumper.

Overall the installation went fine and this thing is engineered very, very well. NO RATTLING WHATSOEVER.
Speaking specifically about 10A/HR bumper, the only comment i had was about the accessibility of the bolt going to the carrier - it is challenging, though possible if doing slowly w/o rushing.

One thing i was confused about is when trying to pull out the dust exhauster to trim it's left top corner (per AEV instructions), the thing fell apart in 2 pieces. It looks like it's simply glued one to another?

So the glued part which stays inside actually holds the outside-facing vent (with rubber flaps) from falling out, which looks like a weak design decision on Mopar's part.

Also, it looks like the sealing rubber needs to be trimmed too, in addition to the plastic corner, to keep the AEV mount flush with the tailgate - is that how you do it folks?

EDIT: this is how this exhauster looks on my rig (the part with the tabs sits on top of the vent)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Yup, all same here for my install. Pulled "mostly" apart and trimmed more...

You are good to go. Mine binds a little on opening the tailgate. If I was going to install again I would approach it differently. But I have adjusted a couple of times and it just feels like moving a door on a 1970's lincoln...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts