Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone! I'm new to the Jeep world so excuse my ignorance.

I bought a used 2013 unlimited Sahara with only 17k miles, is it lifted? Dumb question I know. Took a look under it and it seems all stock, but everyone tells me it looks like it has a slight lift. Goodyear Duratrac 275/65/18 may be throwing me off. Ground to bottom of rocker panel is 20.5". Any thoughts?

Oh! The drivers rear suspension has an awful creak I didn't notice until I put 4 grown men in the Jeep. Isolated it to the sway bear rubber bushing I believe. Any advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Looks like maybe a leveling kit. Look at the top of the springs and see if there is a spacer up there. Especially the front. Mine has the Tereflex 2" front and 1" rear.

Attachments

Reactions: Wandell

·
Registered
87 Posts
As far as the sway bar bushings go, a quick fix is to spray em down with some silicone spray. If you have more time, take em apart and clean them, then grease them.

Oh, & your Jeep looks good!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I have a warranty on it from the dealer so taking it next week to have the suspension looked at. Fully expecting them to say nothing is wrong. But with weight in the back the noise is incredibly annoying. I sprayed it with silicone spray, thought about taking it apart but I'll run it to the dealer first.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had bad sway bar bushings squeaks when I had my 01 Dakota. Had to clean the bushings routinely at the same time I changed the oil.

Sent from my badass Galaxy S8 Plus

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks! I have a warranty on it from the dealer so taking it next week to have the suspension looked at. Fully expecting them to say nothing is wrong. But with weight in the back the noise is incredibly annoying. I sprayed it with silicone spray, thought about taking it apart but I'll run it to the dealer first.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced it.
good call

1 - 7 of 7 Posts