Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased the JK in June 2018. Serviced in September, 2018 at 1,500 miles and again in March 2019 at 5,500 miles. Since March, I've only driven the Jeep 2,000 miles and I don't plan on using it much between November 2019 to March 2020.

So, I have another 2 free service appointments per the JeepWave agreement. Would you take advantage of it? Number two, is synthetic good for 6+ months?

·
Super Moderator
5,609 Posts
We only used one of the four free oil changes. And we only used that one because we were out in Colorado on vacation when we needed an oil change. It was nice of the dealer to remind me that I had the free oil changes, I wasn't even thinking of it. Normally I do them myself, as I would rather know that I did it right vs letting the low man on the totem pole at the dealership do it.
And synthetic oil should be good for 6 months or 10,000 miles. I would say synthetic would actually be good for up to a year or 10,000 miles
The dealer may not include synthetic oil in the free oil change.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can't see any reason not to, though if you want full synthetic it will be a added charge. The manual says you can go up to 10,000 miles/12 months on conventional oil so with synthetic it should be no problem.

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
I only used three of the four free oil changes. I also did not drive enough miles to fully utilize the freeby. I did not allow them to do a single tire rotation. My Chief has the BFG KM aggressive tires found on the JK/JKU Rubicons (now discontinued by BFG) and they are notorious for issues with chipping of the tread blocks if not rotated about every 3,000 miles and I also wanted a custom 5 tire rotation that reverses the rotation of every tire in the rotation (based upon the recommendation of a tire man decades ago). So, I do my own rotations, which also gives me the advantage of a good look and feel of the condition of the tread on every tire during the rotation as well as a look at the rotors and brake pads.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Didn’t use one. Like to do my own work if possible. Feel like I wasted money not taking advantage of the free service but I can be done and doing something else by the time I go through the time to drive to the dealership,wait and drive back. Plus I know what has been done!:bop:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts