Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fields of pain is where I graze
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to paint my dash black. After unscrewing two thousand screws, the thing still won't come off. :mad: Something is still holding it secure around the passenger side air bag and the grab bar. Anyone have any clue?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I removed my air bags....passenger and driver....the dash isnt to difficult to remove.....you got the 3 torques on the right corner..and the handle itself has to come off. theres like 4-6 bolts some right behind it. Then the main supports are up next to the windshield. Was a bit easier for me because i ripped the air bag cover off and could get to them all...you may need to go from the glove box up. And i lowered the windshield to make the uppers easier to get too.

·
Fields of pain is where I graze
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once you ripped the cover off, was that the end of it or could you use it again?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I personally didnt use it, because i put a power inverter where the air bag used to be and fabbed a diamond plate access panel for it. If you want it to look clean...i wouldnt tear the seam....especially if you are wanting to keep your airbags. And if you arent familiar with airbags for the love of god be careful messin with that area. You could prolly razor knife it and make it look clean...but i wouldnt modify that area with an air bag still operational. Im a extrication tech in the fire department and i despise those things but some people swear by them. Not much help but i would try the "right" way. Im alil too known for my backwoods engineering :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts