Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which gasket will go next.

Since I've purchased my Jeep I've replaced the transfer case extension housing and seal, rear diff pinion seal, rear main seal, exhaust/intake gasket, and tonight is the valve cover gasket. Any bets on which one will go next?

Have to say though, it's all well worth it. I love this Jeep.

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
water pump gasket?

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Fuel pump! Just 'cause they are so much fun to replace!

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Well my friend I hope it won't be the head gasket.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
naviathan said:
Yeah so do I.
It's funny though how those square []IIIIII[] headlights cause so many mechanical and gasket problems. :D :D :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
amerijeep said:
I think I'm being baited.
It's a possibility. I hear it everyday at work. One coworker has a CJ and the other a TJ. Funny though that if round headlights make a Jeep then explain the Liberty.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
naviathan said:
It's a possibility. I hear it everyday at work. One coworker has a CJ and the other a TJ. Funny though that if round headlights make a Jeep then explain the Liberty.
HA, Amerijeep I'm always lookin for a response from you bud.

Oh and the KJ doesn't count for anything. :D

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Well, seems like a CJ guy and a YJ guy would team up on the TJ guy for the coils.

I really don't care what shape my headlights are. I can't see 'em from inside anyway.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My bet (ex Jeep service writer) is front crank seal. Or, something even more fun - clutch slave :)

<...hope my 140k mile YJ doesn't hear this...it'll get ideas, LOL!>

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well looks like it's not a seal. The vibrations I've been feeling have turned into clutch chattering and squeeking. Looks like it's the clutch to go next. This is not going to be fun. Glad I bought that air tool set.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Heck my square lights go with my square head. Did I say that out loud? Well they go with my heard head anyway!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts