Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which gasket will go next.

Since I've purchased my Jeep I've replaced the transfer case extension housing and seal, rear diff pinion seal, rear main seal, exhaust/intake gasket, and tonight is the valve cover gasket. Any bets on which one will go next?

Have to say though, it's all well worth it. I love this Jeep.

·
Administrator
12,636 Posts
water pump gasket?

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Fuel pump! Just 'cause they are so much fun to replace!

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Well my friend I hope it won't be the head gasket.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
naviathan said:
Yeah so do I.
It's funny though how those square []IIIIII[] headlights cause so many mechanical and gasket problems. :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Hey....a buddy of mine just had to replace the Head gasket in his round light TJ!!!!!!

How bout the front pinion seal, since you had to do the rear.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
amerijeep said:
I think I'm being baited.
It's a possibility. I hear it everyday at work. One coworker has a CJ and the other a TJ. Funny though that if round headlights make a Jeep then explain the Liberty.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
naviathan said:
It's a possibility. I hear it everyday at work. One coworker has a CJ and the other a TJ. Funny though that if round headlights make a Jeep then explain the Liberty.
HA, Amerijeep I'm always lookin for a response from you bud.

Oh and the KJ doesn't count for anything. :D

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Well, seems like a CJ guy and a YJ guy would team up on the TJ guy for the coils.

I really don't care what shape my headlights are. I can't see 'em from inside anyway.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My bet (ex Jeep service writer) is front crank seal. Or, something even more fun - clutch slave :)

<...hope my 140k mile YJ doesn't hear this...it'll get ideas, LOL!>

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well looks like it's not a seal. The vibrations I've been feeling have turned into clutch chattering and squeeking. Looks like it's the clutch to go next. This is not going to be fun. Glad I bought that air tool set.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Heck my square lights go with my square head. Did I say that out loud? Well they go with my heard head anyway!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts