Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

taking care of rust!!!

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  2003 wrangler 
#1 ·
my jeep is now 10 years old and ohio winters are taking their toll. The frame is really good and im not worried about it. The issue is undercarriage tub rust like the where the metal pieces meet. Its really not bad but I wanna stay on top of it cause I wanna keep my tj my whole life that's the goal. my plan was to sand it down hit it with metal ready and silver por15 cause my jeep is silver. I just don't know the best way to sand places that are hard to get any suggestions on tools or anyway of sanding? Or is there another easier way to undercoat it? I really like por 15 ive used it on my diff covers, frame, and floor pans. I just am having trouble with the sanding part of this project. and one other random question, im going to sand and repaint my running boards and was wondering what spray on bedliner you guys like the best and why? I have done some research and was thinking about rustoleum spray cans cause its just the running boards. Thanks everybody!!!!

#2 ·
rustoleum spray on bed liner, with rustoleum rusty metal primer, and por 15

#4 ·
ok thanks guys what about sandblasting ? I was thinking about picking up a cheap one from harbor freight cause I really cant sand the spots I think that would be quicker.

#5 ·
#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.