Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would taking my Jeep Wrangler Sport off road negate its 36k mile warranty? Someone mentioned this on another forum, and I found that odd considering that it came with on-and-off road tires.

I don't plan to take it out in places that might require a lift, but running it through some mud and rough terrain here and there during a camping trip is a little bit of adventure I was looking forward to. But I certainly don't want to negate my warranty if, say, a shock were to break.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
No

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Your warranty won't be negated, but if you break something due to off roading, ie: an axle then it won't be covered as it would be considered by Chrysler as abusing your vehicle.

On the other hand if you go off roading and your hard top/ soft top leaks because it's raining then your top will be fixed under warranty, can you see what I'm getting at?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Take it off-road. It's what it was built for. I think the off road = abuse varies by dealer regardless of what corporate Jeep says. My dealer has led off-road trips and is very mod / off road friendly. Good luck, light on the skinny pedal - as slow as possible, as fast as necessary. Have fun

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Take it off-road. It's what it was built for. I think the off road = abuse varies by dealer regardless of what corporate Jeep says. My dealer has led off-road trips and is very mod / off road friendly. Good luck, light on the skinny pedal - as slow as possible, as fast as necessary. Have fun
My Dealership is pretty cool about off roading as well problem is they still have to get Jeep corporate to authorize the repair or they won't get paid and there lies the problem. But like you stated take it easy and you're not likely to break anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I take my 2015 Jeep off the road 3-4 times a week. I check livestock, I check fence and I have to drive through a corn field. I am really glad I installed a Rock Hard oil pan skid plate as you would not believe how much debris I hit and pick up. Weeds, corn stalks and bean rubble. I can not imagine what that would have done to my automatic Stalbus drain plug. You have no idea how tight that debris can get wrapped around things under my Jeep.
Off road is what the Jeep was designed. I am not the least bit concerned about any warranty issues and will not even think twice about taking it back to the dealer if I have any issues. When it is zero outside there is no way I am going to be concerned about debris under my jeep and I am sure as hell not going to be laying on the ground and pulling the debris off.
I keep my Jeep in the garage and I take excellent care of my equipment however, I use my equipment.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Be careful with those weeds building up underneath there. I stood along side the owner of a jku and watched it burn to the ground after he gave some kids a ride through a dry field on a hot dry day.
My fire extinguisher and a coworkers were not enough and the fire dept was still several minutes behind us.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That oil pan skid plate is $400 uninstalled? Yikes.

I take my 2015 Jeep off the road 3-4 times a week. I check livestock, I check fence and I have to drive through a corn field. I am really glad I installed a Rock Hard oil pan skid plate as you would not believe how much debris I hit and pick up. Weeds, corn stalks and bean rubble. I can not imagine what that would have done to my automatic Stalbus drain plug. You have no idea how tight that debris can get wrapped around things under my Jeep. Off road is what the Jeep was designed. I am not the least bit concerned about any warranty issues and will not even think twice about taking it back to the dealer if I have any issues. When it is zero outside there is no way I am going to be concerned about debris under my jeep and I am sure as hell not going to be laying on the ground and pulling the debris off. I keep my Jeep in the garage and I take excellent care of my equipment however, I use my equipment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pardon? Where did I day that?

QUOTE="2014RubiX;17223634"]Why did you buy a Jeep if you're not gonna take it off road???[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
483 Posts
I took my Sport for some light wheeling when I still had a warranty. Even brought it in for some warranty work with a mud and grass coated undercarriage once.

The one thing I will warn you of...don't expect stupidity to be covered under warranty!

I have a friend with a Rubicon X who, with less than 1000 miles on it, accidentally sank the rear of his Jeep in a big puddle when it was deeper than he thought. He ended up needing a rear diff rebuild, which he stupidly assumed the dealership would cover. He brought it in and they told him to take a hike, and subsequently voided his warranty.

I don't blame them one bit, but let that be a lesson that you can't expect to use the warranty for claims of stupidity. Just be smart about what you do offroading when you still have a warranty. They pull your diff cover off and muddy water pours out, they're gonna know.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Don't do it, your Dana 30 will explode as soon as you leave the pavement. Also once you put the transfer case into 4lo, it wirelessly sends a signal back to Fiat that lets them know to void your warranty.
Hahaha. All of this is true! ITS NOT WORTH THE RISK! If you really feel the need to do some off-roading, then make sure you unhook your drawn reciprocation dinglearm so that the signal can't be sent to Italy.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Don't do it, your Dana 30 will explode as soon as you leave the pavement. Also once you put the transfer case into 4lo, it wirelessly sends a signal back to Fiat that lets them know to void your warranty.
Lmao! Best post I've read in awhile. :worthy:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok so I took okstatejk's advice and took the dinglearm arm my Jeep. Let me tell you from my experience, it takes 5 guys, 4 floor jacks, 3 screwdrivers, 2 Popsicle sticks and a paper clip. Let me know if I can help I have some left over Popsicle sticks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts