Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my question is this. For all you who have their jeep under warranty, have you ever brought your jeep to the dealer and not had an issue with them seeing dirt/mud under your jeep and in the engine? I need to bring my jeep (2012 sahara) in for a fix up on some annoying ticking noise in my engine and im worried that when they pop the hood the dealer guys will see all the dirt in and under the engine from wheeling. Ive cleaned, but not enough to make it unnoticable. Will the dealer try voiding the warranty because of this? This may be a dumb question but im really worried about that. Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Hello, my question is this. For all you who have their jeep under warranty, have you ever brought your jeep to the dealer and not had an issue with them seeing dirt/mud under your jeep and in the engine? I need to bring my jeep (2012 sahara) in for a fix up on some annoying ticking noise in my engine and im worried that when they pop the hood the dealer guys will see all the dirt in and under the engine from wheeling. Ive cleaned, but not enough to make it unnoticable. Will the dealer try voiding the warranty because of this? This may be a dumb question but im really worried about that. Thank you in advance!
The dealer cannot void your warranty. It's illegal. They can deny you coverage on aftermarket parts, but in order to do so on a stock part, they'd have to prove that one of your mods was directly responsible for the damage.

Dealerships vary on their tolerance to this, btw. Here's a thread I just replied to that'll explain better: Warranty void?

Some other warranty threads. Pay attention to posts from MTH; he's a lawyer, and know whereof he speaks on matters warranty related. Most of these threads deal with aftermarket parts, but it's the same principle.

Warranty Voids lifts
Dealer Says non-MOPAR Lift Kit Voids 100% of Warranty!
what all will a lift void on my warranty?

Also, an annoying ticking noise? Are you aware that this has been an ongoing issue with the '12's, which often requires the replacement of a bad cylinder head? I'd suggest going into the JK Jeep section and eyeballing the threads that deal with ticking or cylinder head replacements.

A few freebie links: Update on ticking Pentastar..new head...
just got the call ,its the cylinder head

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kbwwolf said:
The dealer cannot void your warranty. It's illegal. They can deny you coverage on aftermarket parts, but in order to do so on a stock part, they'd have to prove that one of your mods was directly responsible for the damage.

Dealerships vary on their tolerance to this, btw. Here's a thread I just replied to that'll explain better: Warranty void?

Some other warranty threads. Pay attention to posts from MTH; he's a lawyer, and know whereof he speaks on matters warranty related. Most of these threads deal with aftermarket parts, but it's the same principle.

Warranty Voids lifts
Dealer Says non-MOPAR Lift Kit Voids 100% of Warranty!
what all will a lift void on my warranty?

Also, an annoying ticking noise? Are you aware that this has been an ongoing issue with the '12's, which often requires the replacement of a bad cylinder head? I'd suggest going into the JK Jeep section and eyeballing the threads that deal with ticking or cylinder head replacements.

A few freebie links: Update on ticking Pentastar..new head...
just got the call ,its the cylinder head
This was very imformative thank you. I have crawled around the forum and noticed that alot of people with the pentastars have this issue due to the bad head, but thank you for settling
My worries im going to the dealership this week now. It stop making the noise so loudly now, ah, its weird but i'll still go check it out. Thank you kbwwolf

·
Ugly Supporting Member
1,546 Posts
I'm going in this week for my oil change. I go in at least once a month and mostly the engine compartment is not pristine, and on occasion it's freaking scary looking. Not once did my service manager complain or mention having any issues with the filth.

(I bought a lifetime oil change package and that's why I go there. 117K+ miles puts me money ahead in spades.)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PecosRiver said:
I'm going in this week for my oil change. I go in at least once a month and mostly the engine compartment is not pristine, and on occasion it's freaking scary looking. Not once did my service manager complain or mention having any issues with the filth.

(I bought a lifetime oil change package and that's why I go there. 117K+ miles puts me money ahead in spades.)
Thats settling, im going tommorow so wish me luck. I guess i may have been paranoid, thanks everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts