Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I’m packing up my life in Toronto and heading out to UAE and I’m taking my 2018 JK with me.
Any thoughts on how it will cope with the summer heat? Temperatures range from 30 to 125oF.
It doesn’t have GCC specs. I called Jeep to ask for any advice on dessert heat and if overheating was an issue. They could neither confirm nor deny if there would be issues.
Anyone got any thoughts?
Cheers

·
Registered
970 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can't speak for everything you might run into over there, but at least in terms of temperature you should be fine. The US desert SW gets just as hot or even hotter in places, and there are tons of Jeeps there, being run hard on trails and mountain grades. The main place you see people overheating is hammering up mountain grades at sustained RPMs for a long time, and in summer temperatures. But you can still go up grades in those conditions, just maybe take it a bit slower and watch your temp gauge. I've had mine in Death Valley in summer 120+ F temps, including going up mountain grades and putzing slowly along trails in 4WD, and it did fine.

·
Registered
34,447 Posts
This is new members intro section. Post your questions in the JK tech section for all the answers you need. But for now:

and enjoy the forum!

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. I will move this thread to the proper forum, so you will get more replies.

I have a friend who lives in Kuwait, and has for several years. I would not run a 20 grade oil in the engine, a synthetic 10W30 or 5W40 would be better choices. If it were mine I'd probably use a 5W40. If you have any doubts ask Jeep techs when you get there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all

Appreciate the feedback.
I had a mango tango Wrangler in Dubai, which I tastefully upgraded :), about 8 years ago and that’s when I got first bitten by the bug. I can’t imagine driving anything else now.
So I’m really happy that I can take my JK with me when I head back to the sun.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
definitely use a 5w40 or 5w30 oil weight. Also make sure you wash the rad every so often and maybe put more distilled water in the rad.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I do not know eh UAE but they are in Lebanon , Syria, Jordan, Saudi and Egypt has a bunch in their military but those have a diesel engine.

I would look into a snorkel with the dust / sand collector if I were headed that way.

Some of the members who live there should be able to tell you what weight of oil they use . But I would think it is as noted.

Airing down tire tools and a air compressor to bring them back up when needed.

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
I live in Phoenix and no issues with heat. Just be sure dont put any of those weird grills or grill liners or mega bumpers or stuff on that blocks the radiator. Change air filter frequently.

As far as oil, I just run normal factory recommendation.

Reactions: Old Dogger

·
Retired Moderator
100,708 Posts
I live in Phoenix and no issues with heat. Just be sure dont put any of those weird grills or grill liners or mega bumpers or stuff on that blocks the radiator. Change air filter frequently.

As far as oil, I just run normal factory recommendation.
^^^This..5w30 synthetic oil. As mentioned above, do not block the air flow to your radiator. Wash your radiator externally monthly. Install a new Mopar radiator cap.

O'h..I'm also in Phoenix..:firedevil:

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I live in needles ca and it gets pretty hot here too. No temp issues. I run 5w30 synthetic. Make sure your antifreeze mixture is 50/50. If there is too much antifreeze it will run hotter even overheat. This issue doesn’t show up until it gets real hot. Seen it happen lots of times with folks that just add straight antifreeze when the coolant gets low.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Texas here; most the folks here run royal purple in the diffs and we change it pretty aggressively . In the owner’s manual there are suggestions for fleet/high temp usage. I just follow those and increase my change intervals to what they suggest. It might be a bit much, but I really like my Jeep and want it to last forever :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts