Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i said im new with the jeep and i was wondering if i need a curtain tool to take off the door... i got a '94 wrangler if it makes any difference...

·
Registered
140 Posts
As long as there isnt any aftermarket door hinge locks on it there is no special tool needed... Just grip behind the door and as close to the hing as you can at the bottom of the door and lift... With mine the doors havent been off in a long time when i got it so i had to spray pb blaster in it to lube up the hinge so i could pull it out

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
If you have full doors, roll the windows down and use the window frame to lift. I'm 6'4" and found this approach much easier.:punk:

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Mine were rusted on pretty good. I used a shovel handle between the bottom of the door under the hinge and the tub where you step in, with the door open, to give it a little persuasion.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
no problem. i found out it helps the back if you eliminate all the bending.

·
Registered
29 Posts
side note... no doors rocks! I finally got my little mirror relocation brackets so I can drive around town a little easier, but man doorless is the way to go! Except for the occasional rock that snags your leg of course. But it just comes with the territory I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts