Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm coming into my first full summer with my 2002 TJ. It has half doors on at the moment and I am yet to take off the upper half. I was wondering whether there is a special tool required to undo the knobs that hold it on. It looks like an allan key fitting but is tapered so is thinner at the bottom than at the top. They have been done up so tightly that i can't do it by hand and don't want to runi the thread by using the wong tool.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
if you are talking about the taking off the upper windows, it should just pull right up. Just make sure to have even pressure on both ends when pulling. You may have to wiggle them initially if they have never been off. They are not bolted on.

·
Registered
981 Posts
and if you are talking about the "door surrounds" for the uppers, I've taken them off once, because, well... I mean it comes off, so you gotta try it right. Otherwise I've never even thought about taking them off again.

·
Registered
244 Posts
if you are talking about the taking off the upper windows, it should just pull right up. Just make sure to have even pressure on both ends when pulling. You may have to wiggle them initially if they have never been off. They are not bolted on.
Agree with. My 97 TJ upper door skins just pop on and off. It's easy enough to do at a stop light, while inside the car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts