Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My akitas lily and diesel love nothing more then hopping in the back when the top is off. To go for a joy ride.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
mine are fools for a ride!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i do! she's always strapped down just in case. i've seen too many dogs get run over because they jump out the vehicle.
How do you strap them down. And mine won't even try and step up on the sides now bc I have got on them enough. They no better. I can leave them in there with the top all off and go into a store and come out and there just standing there waiting on me to get back

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ours go with us almost everywhere we go.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
I haven't even let them in the Jeep yet but I probably wont ever do it with the top off because they are naughty. They even slip out of those puppy seat belts. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
I was sitting at the PX the other day with the dog in the back, top and doors off, and a few people stopped by to talk about the Jeep and or pet the dog (a big baby of a Weimaraner).

The dog liked that some teenagers came by and could pet her. If the top were on she'd be licking the windows.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't even let them in the Jeep yet but I probably wont ever do it with the top off because they are naughty. They even slip out of those puppy seat belts. :(
I it them use to riding in the back of a truck first were the sides are a little higher. And went on small trips at slow speed so I could keep a eye on them for when they wanted to jump up on the sides I could tell them no then moved them to the jeep and tied there leashes to the front seat head rest cause I put down the back seats for more room. Then once they was good with that. They just ride fine without anything. All it takes is a little bit of work and your dogs would enjoy it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ya...my lady would never allow it with top off. My JRT's would see a bear or a pigeon and take off after it depending on our location.

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Safari straps. They made it for me and even posted this picture on their website. I could not ask for better customer service. I ordered one, but my dog could climb over, so they put the buckles on it for me and now they sell them this way. I have the sides and back as well, so when I run topless he is nice and secure.

JK 4DR Warrior Pet Divider

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
I strap my boxers to the overhead soundbar or the roll bar where its just loose enough to allow him to lay down

1 - 20 of 34 Posts