Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have:

8700 Evolution Headlights
279 J Series Taillights
and
6145 LED Fogs

These are all in my cart at Quadra.... I can't seem to find a better package than this.... unless someone tells me other wise here goes. $1400 on lighting upgrades.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Right now I have:

279 J Series Taillights
and
6145 LED Fogs

These are all in my cart at Quadra.... I can't seem to find a better package than this.... unless someone tells me other wise here goes. $1400 on lighting upgrades.
I'm regrouping and buying the Susquehanna rallylight Bi-Xenon, $1500 for just the head lights, but best out there. However, you are in florida so the Speakers are excellent and you don't have to worry about icing. There is your argument.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Can't talk you out of the same set up I have. :)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I think they look ricey (lack of a better term). Might as well put a spoiler on your Jeep.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
184 Posts
Like the 8700 Evoluotion J headlights and the 6145 fogs. Waiting for the tailight comments to calm down and maybe generation 2 will fix some of issues if JW Speaker does that like everything else.

·
Vendor
1,208 Posts
Right now I have:

279 J Series Taillights
and
6145 LED Fogs

Give me a call at 866-601-5340 and I'll see what I can do. And I have all of them in stock.

-Tim

·
Registered
219 Posts
Unless you really want LEDs, you don't need drop that kind of coin.

I'm completely satisfied with the Hella H4 conversion for a little over $100.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not going to try to talk you out of anything, great set up. You have selected my first choice, however I ultimately went with the TLs since they had a heated option. They were slightly cheaper and living in the mid-atlantic I didn't want to have to deal with snow/freezing.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Unless you really want LEDs, you don't need drop that kind of coin.

I'm completely satisfied with the Hella H4 conversion for a little over $100.
Yikes...I agree that is a ton of coin for lights. I outfitted my entire jeep's lighting system for about half the cost of the JWs...I'd rather spend that coin on a rear locker (if I didn't already have one) or gas/food for my next trip!

Call me old school, but I will take a good set of HIDs over LED any day. in fact, a good halogen bulb and a good reflector/lens will out shine an LED in a $$$ vs Value/ROI comparison any day.

I bought Cibie's and an upgraded harness. I run a 55W/100W Hella bulb (55 on low, 100 on high) and I couldn't be happier. I had a chance to sit in a jeep with JW Speaker LEDs (in a desert application) and came away with thinking I made a good decision with the Cibie's.

For driving/long range lights, am currently using Hella 4000s with a 100W bulb, euro pattern. After my last trip, I will be doing a 55W HID conversion - although to be honest, the 4000s combined with the Cibie on high beams do an awesome job. I've never felt like I was out-driving my lights on high speed gravel roads. The amount of fore-ground illumination vs long throw combination is great!

It is possible to have lights that are too bright and therefore not as usable - that is how I feel about by Hella 4000s - they throw so much light, I have to be really careful about using them on two lane roads in the middle of the night (worry about blinding someone). I almost need an intermediate solution.

For backup lights, I have bought (but not mounted) a set of Amazon 4 x LEDs (think Rigid knockoffs). I have JDW replacement backup LEDs bulbs (in place of the stock 3157?) now that do a damn nice job.

For side fill, I will be mounting similar Amazon cheepy LED lights on windshield pillar pointed down and off to the side. (Purchased, not mounted). I may end up mounting these on a bumper once I decide which one...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Welllll i just picked up jw knockoffs off amazon followed by two aux lights down on the bumper. Headlights were like 200 and the aux lights were 70. Im happier than a pig in poo :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Call or pm Allen at aor(forum sponsor) I just ordered the same package for my jk couple days ago, shipped within 24 hours for free and was about $250-275 cheaper.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I won't talk you out of it either, I have the J-Series and the 6145 w/ black bezels and I love them. I had purchased knock-off lights on Amazon from a company called Xprite. Actually thats not even a company, but I won't get into that. Same look essentially, full halo rather than half halo, D-shaped LEDs on side and top and bottom hi/lo. They were 3/4 of the price of JW J-Series. They were an abomination. Unfocused light, flicker (even with included anti-flicker harness) and non-DOT compliant. I had issues installing them because they were not simple H13 connector, there was splicing required into turn signals (for halo color change) as well as 12v ACC run which i had to do first. major letdown that I tried to live with. Would get flashed by oncoming daily, tried numerous times to aim them using the 25' standard aiming guide, levels, painting tape on a wall, etc. Still would get flashed.

The J-Series is truly plug and play, single H13 connector - 20 min install if you're adept at grill removal etc. The fogs are amazing - great fill to bottom of low beam and great clear bright focused light.

I got the J's for $572 for the pair.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Give me a call at 866-601-5340 and I'll see what I can do. And I have all of them in stock.

-Tim
Tim gave made an offer I couldn't refuse. Ordered all three pieces :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm here to talk you IN to it. If you can afford to do them all at once, I definitely recommend it!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts