Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order the Mopar 2" lift 77070095ac, I've read countless pages on different lifts, I can't take anymore. My tires just came in 315/70/17 ko2, got the 4wd great deal. Any down side, the driveshaft is the major selling point, wanna skip exhaust spacers this time. Would add drop brackets in lieu of cam bolts. Thought about Rock krawler stock mod but the whole driveshaft thing confuses me. I think this would keep it complete and simple. What do you think? 2017 2 door rubicon. Any advice, thanks....

·
Super Moderator
23,450 Posts
I just put an aev 3.5" on my 16 jkr and it handles so good I have become a fan boy. exhaust spacers are so easy to install on a new vehicle. took about 15 minutes to install mine. I have full droop and driveshaft does not touch.

I was however very much considering the mopar 2" but am glad I went the way I did.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nope. I will not talk you out of it. Not only is actually a great lift, but it is written into the Max Care contract as the ONLY lift that would allow you buy and maintain the Max Care MOPAR service plans up to the Lifetime one. It's a really high quality and well appointed kit. I will not talk you out of a great lift.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I'm about to order the Mopar 2" lift 77070095ac, I've read countless pages on different lifts, I can't take anymore. My tires just came in 315/70/17 ko2, got the 4wd great deal. Any down side, the driveshaft is the major selling point, wanna skip exhaust spacers this time. Would add drop brackets in lieu of cam bolts. Thought about Rock krawler stock mod but the whole driveshaft thing confuses me. I think this would keep it complete and simple. What do you think? 2017 2 door rubicon. Any advice, thanks....
It's a great lift. IF/When I get one it will be the Mopar or an AEV.

·
Super Moderator
15,507 Posts
No need to talk you out of it... The Mopar kit with a set of geo brackets is a winner.

The AEV is nice too, but I would take the JKS or the Metalcloak Overland Elite over the AEV. (I don't like the Bilsteins).

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ive gone wheeling with my setup without installing the driveshaft, no rub! I find it interesting that the Mopar kit comes with a driveshaft when ones like the AEV dont.

If there is any reason why I would not get this lift, it is because I want to be lifted more in the front.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just had the Mopar 2" lift installed and LOVE it. Took a trip to Sedona a few days after installation and went everywhere I wanted to go with no issues with anything. I still have the stock wheels and tires for now but love the look and no issues with handling that I've seen. Go for it.

·
Super Moderator
15,507 Posts
Ive gone wheeling with my setup without installing the driveshaft, no rub! I find it interesting that the Mopar kit comes with a driveshaft when ones like the AEV dont.

If there is any reason why I would not get this lift, it is because I want to be lifted more in the front.
Throw a 3/4" spacer in the front... About $35 and get what you want.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16311_406.htm

I just did 1" on my rear springs to get what I needed... Every Jeep is a little different and fine tuning is part of the fun.

Reactions: Swadehead

·
Registered
729 Posts
MOPAR is a good kit, bit pricey but good. The driveshaft really isn't needed at that height, I run a teraflex 2.5 with an added spacer and stock driveshaft with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
689 Posts
what is this 4wd tire deal you speak of?

·
Super Moderator
15,507 Posts
MOPAR is a good kit, bit pricey but good. The driveshaft really isn't needed at that height, I run a teraflex 2.5 with an added spacer and stock driveshaft with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Driveshaft has nothing to do with lift height. It's all about shock length... Teraflex typically uses short shocks to prevent the driveshaft rub. I can make the driveshaft rub with no lift at all, springs will fall out, but still. :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Sorry Jon,

I can't and won't talk you out of it. I just installed the 4 door version on my JKU and I love it.

I also installed the geo brackets instead of the cam bolts and using the middle hole for the bolt it drives like a dream. It has made my rig a lot more capable of passing obstacles while maintaining DD comfort.

I have ZERO complaints.

I hope to install 35's in the next 3 months. But even on the stock Rubi wheels & tires, it doesnt look awkward.

·
Official WF thread de-railer
3,952 Posts
Nope. I will not talk you out of it. Not only is actually a great lift, but it is written into the Max Care contract as the ONLY lift that would allow you buy and maintain the Max Care MOPAR service plans up to the Lifetime one. It's a really high quality and well appointed kit. I will not talk you out of a great lift.
That's interesting. Are the parts themselves guaranteed, or does this kit simply not void the warranty on affected systems? You know, the whole "My steering pump failed but they denied my warranty claim because I'm lifted and the suspension technically can affect the steering system" sort of deal. For instance, I was denied a steering recall fix on my 2010 Sport because I had a 1-3/4" spacer lift.
In the past, the Mopar parts catalog expressly stated the parts were under no warranty. It would be great if they finally make a lift kit that had some sort of guarantee on it, and didn't affect your original warranty.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hum about the best thing I can say to talk you out of getting a 2'' lift or more.. is that your garage was built in the late 40's and isn't tall enough to allow for a lifted vehicle.. or that's our theory and one reason a 2'' lift or more is out of the question for us.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts