Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Install the sPod. Decide which switch you want to use for the fogs. Wire the 2 positives to the plus and the two negs to the ground for the switch you want to use.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
The SPOD could end up being one of your favorite mods if you have multiple accessories that need to be wired for power. Lots of benefits to the pod - wire into the cabin one time, all accessories are off/away from the factory wiring system, each accessory will have it's own fuse & relay and the package mounts cleanly & easily under the hood.

I purchased a wiring harness (nothing but a pigtail with two different plugged ends along with a resistor to trick power draw) that allow you to continue to use the OEM fog plugs with your new lights which would allow you to continue to use the factory supplied switch on the turn signal lever. I'm not familiar with the HID lights you purchased, mine were the Speaker 6145's w/ harnesses. Unless your absolutely set on wiring your new fogs to your pod, I'd google your specific lights product number with the words "Jeep JK wiring harness". You might come away with some other options.

But, should you stay on the path you're on, you'll be very happy with that outcome too. From a wiring perspective, I ran the wiring for my two bumper mounted Rigid spots, along the same wire trail I used for the winch. Used a lot of wire lume (very cheap) and zip ties to ensure things stayed away from the rope area of the winch. Once in the engine compartment, there are a number of OEM wire trails to zip tie your lume around to get to the pod.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I'd like to have them wired separately in the even that I need high beams and fogs at the same time.
Excellent idea.

You've probably already thought of it, but once done with you change out of lights, hit those OEM plugs with dialectic grease to keep things from corroding up in the event you ever swap things back.

Let us know how things go!

·
Registered
69 Posts
The SPOD could end up being one of your favorite mods if you have multiple accessories that need to be wired for power. Lots of benefits to the pod - wire into the cabin one time, all accessories are off/away from the factory wiring system, each accessory will have it's own fuse & relay and the package mounts cleanly & easily under the hood. I purchased a wiring harness (nothing but a pigtail with two different plugged ends along with a resistor to trick power draw) that allow you to continue to use the OEM fog plugs with your new lights which would allow you to continue to use the factory supplied switch on the turn signal lever. I'm not familiar with the HID lights you purchased, mine were the Speaker 6145's w/ harnesses. Unless your absolutely set on wiring your new fogs to your pod, I'd google your specific lights product number with the words "Jeep JK wiring harness". You might come away with some other options. But, should you stay on the path you're on, you'll be very happy with that outcome too. From a wiring perspective, I ran the wiring for my two bumper mounted Rigid spots, along the same wire trail I used for the winch. Used a lot of wire lume (very cheap) and zip ties to ensure things stayed away from the rope area of the winch. Once in the engine compartment, there are a number of OEM wire trails to zip tie your lume around to get to the pod.
Where did you buy the harness for the 6145?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts