Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals,

Long time lurker here. I do most my jeeping here in Ontario, Canada. I use the jeep for fishing, hunting and cruising. I have a small car as a DD.

I am moving into my first home, and am looking forward to building that as well as my jeep. I have joined the forum as I know I will be running into a few issues along the way during my build. I also wanted to share my progress and have a log on what I have done to my jeep.

So the jeep! I was cleaning out my 97 vw jetta gl back in 2011 and before tossing my lottery tickets, I checked them at the gas station kiosk. BIG WINNER! One ticket had 6/7 numbers correct. I had to split $5XX XXX with about 75 others. I ended up paying off my debts, and going back into debt to buy my new to me 2004 Wrangler Rubicon. What a blast I had as a noobie in the jeep! I was not new to 4x4ing, but boy did i have alot to learn about maintaining the vehicle. Anyway,as soon as I got the key to my new jeep, I went up and hit a local trail. I sucked up some nasty mud juice into my diffs. Like a noob I drove the jeep for far too long without changing the fluids and cooked my gears. After some costly repairs done by a local 4x4 shop I was back on the road. I had the chance to take my jeep on numerous fishing and hunting trips. One of these trips included ice fishing on Lake Simcoe. I was 'temporarily disabled' before a buddy with a winch could come out and pull me out, off the ice.

Throughout jeep ownership, I have had the oppertunity to: Install new rad, fan clutch, serpentine belt, terraflex sway bar disconnects, centering ball kit, numerous u-joints, new 4.10 yukon gears front and back, new BFG ko2 285/75/R15 tires and probably a few other things i have forgoten. I want to: Fix or replace rusty front fenders; Buy and install warn with winchplate. I am hoping to keep the stock bumper sans jugs for now. I may cut it; Replace suspention (leaning towards zone 3" with nitro shocks) Replace axle shaft u joints, and any other u joint I can find; Replace all bushings; Build ofdroad trailer.

This list will evolve over time. I have a journal going with goals for the jeep, but did not review it before I posted!

Chime in if you have experience with the setup I am looking at getting to- and thanks for having me aboard.

Pete

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Sounds like you are addicted to you TJ just as most of us are. The Warn winch is a really smart idea. Get Spicer brand for your u-joints.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts