Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 JKU running Mastercraft 37s on the Mopar 2" lift. I would like to get about another inch of lift and wondering if anyone can recommend springs to swap in to get that. Now that I have it loaded down with steel crawler conceptz fenders, winch, etc... I think I lost a touch from the original gain from the Mopar lift.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Taller springs for Mopar 2" lift??

Are you set on coils? If you are happy with their performance and ride, a 1" spacer isn't the worst idea. I have flat fenders, the 2" mopar lift and I kept a single 1" teraflex spacer up front (from my original leveling kit). 35 km2s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I was going to suggest the same thing, for a small price and a days worth of work I would keep your current setup and add some teraflex spacers to it. I also wanted a little more height out of mine, and am running a teraflex 2.5" lift with 1" rear spacers and 1/2" front spacers (I prefer just a touch of rake). The tflex rears are pretty nice, they act as a spring retainer as well as a spacer.

If you are dead set on springs, then really you can take your pick, I would look into synergy 3" if I were you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I was actually considering spacers, but wanted to see what people would suggest. I could throw those in in a couple hours. I am happy with the springs I have other than height.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm very happy with the ride and performance of the Mopar 2" lift. I wouldn't mind adding another 1" of lift as well. Will adding 1" spacers to the 2" Mopar lift change the ride quality? Will anything be effected other than height?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'm very happy with the ride and performance of the Mopar 2" lift. I wouldn't mind adding another 1" of lift as well. Will adding 1" spacers to the 2" Mopar lift change the ride quality? Will anything be effected other than height?

Really as long as you have addressed the caster issue, you should see no negatives. I actually ran the stock control arms for a while with the 2" mopar plus 1" spacer and I had zero issues.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Good to here. I have the AEV GEO brackets to dial in the caster if needed. I could interested in adding 1" spacers. But don't want to mess with the current ride of the Mopar 2". I am very pleased with my current ride and handling characteristics.
Thanks.

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you're going to space, then consider using some spring wedges on the rear spring bottom. They give a slight lift, retain the spring but mainly straighten the spring out so it will not hit the track bar bracket. You'd still need extra spacers to get 1" lift.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to here. I have the AEV GEO brackets to dial in the caster if needed. I could interested in adding 1" spacers. But don't want to mess with the current ride of the Mopar 2". I am very pleased with my current ride and handling characteristics.
Thanks.

I also have the AEV geo brackets so adding a little more lift shouldn't be a problem. I hit several 6/7/8 trails in Moab this past spring and hit them a few times, but they held up very well.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts

As was already mentioned by cummins powered, as long as your caster is in check I doubt you will notice a lot of difference in ride.

Also, make sure to cycle your shocks to make sure they are all good, I would imagine the shocks that come with the mopar would have plenty of length to accommodate an extra inch of lift, but its always better to check.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts