Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-

Just picked a copper brown JKU. I want to go with a tan/khaki soft top, instead black. Can anyone direct me to a good online dealer that sells it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I believe Rough Country also sells a khaki soft top replacement kit to go on an existing frame. Check out the Soft Top HELP!!! thread. There's a review in there somewhere by leeindy. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,110 Posts
Yes, I just went through this process myself.

Rough Country has a nice thick fabric, light tan color soft top that looks like a million bucks at a great price. But that's just for the top, not the folding mechanism.

One can buy the folding mechanism from Quadratec or 4WD, but it comes only with a black top.

As far as I was able to find out, only Mopar offers the whole kit (top and mechanism) in Khaki.

Aldo

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Does Mopar make khaki soft tops for a JKU? Please let me know if you find the part number. I'll check out the others too. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,110 Posts
Mopar Only offered Khaki in 2007 and 2008. Bestop may also offer it in the newer 2010-2015 style
Jeep only offered khaki as a factory option in 2007-08.

If you check out the Mopar online catalog, you will see that Mopar offers khaki as an accessory top for current model year.

I wasn't able to find a complete aftermarket top (fabric AND folding mechanism) in khaki: I could buy aftermarket (top only) in khaki, but for some reason, Bestop, Quadratec, etc., only offer the complete kit in black.

Aldo

·
Registered
65 Posts
I picked up a Khaki Bestop Supertop NX off Craigslist in April. It looks super sharp on my 08. I imagine that would look great on the copper color as well!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
The "khaki" JK tops look like faded/dirty black to me. Nothing like the tan color of previous Jeeps. The Rough Country top is a nice tan like you would generally think of. It's the only JK top on the market that isn't black or the "Mopar Khaki".

Black:

Khaki:

Rough Country Tan:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Khaki was also an option for the '09 Sahara. It came as standard on the Jeep Green color combo, with dual tops. Tinted windows. That was the last year I remember seeing them come out. Just so you know there are at least three years they were available. Might help in your search.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts