Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed my driver's seat is turning blue from my jeans I guess. Will that come off with a cleaner?

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
No, you just undo the button and the zipper like normal.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It can be difficult to remove. I have the same problem. Get a good leather cleaner, not a combo cleaner/conditioner. Try - Lexol. It is available over the counter usually. You might have to use a soft bristle brush also.

If that doesn't work, try some Woolite diluted with water. It can be effective, but has to be rinsed after you are done.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
foo.c said:
I just noticed my driver's seat is turning blue from my jeans I guess. Will that come off with a cleaner?
Same problem, but only where I slide in and out of the jeep. I used some meguiars leather cleaner I think and it came off.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That may be, but if he's getting his ammo from the same place he's buying his jeans from then I'm probably safe.
I roll my own ammo. The jeans are Levi's, probably made in China.

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
Damn. No wonder the Russians aren't going nuts over our Jeans anymore...

·
dirt road inspector
3,005 Posts
That may be, but if he's getting his ammo from the same place he's buying his jeans from then I'm probably safe.
:rofl:

Levis used to be made in El Paso but probably slid south. I wear them too but have not looked for the "Hecho en Mexico" label. Will look tonight. I don't need to take them off right now where I am.:whistling:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Switch to BROWN Jeans :rofl:

·
Registered
633 Posts
We have tan leather in our Volvo and my wife and I both wear jeans and have not seen this........not for anything. but are you sure its the jeans? I don't doubt your word on this but that does seem a bit strange to me. Then again, in this life I rule NOTHING out :).

I too roll my own ammo.....nothing beats home made IMHO.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We have tan leather in our Volvo and my wife and I both wear jeans and have not seen this........not for anything. but are you sure its the jeans? I don't doubt your word on this but that does seem a bit strange to me. Then again, in this life I rule NOTHING out :).

I too roll my own ammo.....nothing beats home made IMHO.
I've never had this problem with other leather seats either, but these aren't real leather and the others were.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I had the same exact problem with my other car. What found that worked was a mixture of woolite and water 2:1 and a toothbrush. Scrub and wipe gently, take your time and eventually it will come out. Try one small spot first to make sure there are no problems.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I guess I'll just switch to tactical pants. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts