Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while I get a Noise from (where I think) the T case But it is hard to tell. It sounds just like a bad U joint. However I can put the T case in Neutral and put the trans in gear, ( Not turning the DS) and it still makes the Clicking Noise ( Like a Baseball Card in Bicycle Spokes). If the Trans is in 1st Idling It is like Click--------Click----------Click, and it gets faster in 2nd, even faster in 3rd. It don't feel like it is binding, just clicking. Any ideas? I am at loss on this. And it is very random, I cant make it do it, However pulling out of my drive way turning Left fast has made it do it a time or 2. It started once When I hit a Speed bump Very Hard one time.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Transfer Case linkage should be fine, I recently replaced the clutch, and checked the linkage then, Is shifts correctly in/ out of each gear. I changed the Transfer case fluid last night, and it was very dirty, There did seem to be a very, very small amount of Shavings. But it was also hard to tell it looked like old motor oil, I re-field with ATF fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts