Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing a teraflex 2.5 lift and need wheel spacers in Rear only to prevent rubbing on traction bar. Is there any issues driveline or 4wd with only spacing the tears and not the fronts. Using spidertrax 1.5" spacers. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Spacers are not really a good idea to begin with. You will need to make sure they stay tightened. Removing wheels will now be a part of your regular maintenance routine.
Your rear track will be 3" wider than the front. A little more wear on the tires than normal.
Other than the above, you would have no issues.

Bob K.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Spacers are good to go. You have to check torque but you should be doing that on your wheels too. I do it when I rotate the tires. Lot's of Jeep run stock wheels and spacers without an issue. The horror stories are almost always incorrect installation. The studs have a retaining ring that needs to be removed. The stock wheels are indented but spacers, and probably most aftermarket wheels aren't. They won't seat properly with the rings in place and will loosen over time. Yank them off and you're fine.

Spacers on the rear only will look goofy. Buy four and when you get new wheels, sell them.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Use all 4. As nwbronco said it will impact your steering geometry (Ackerman steering geometry). Even if you don't care about the feel, it will cause additional scrub on the tires.

If you must go with two put them on both on the same side, at least it won't look strange. :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
I love my spidertrax 1.5's...all four wheels...as stated after each tire rotation check the torque of the wheel spacers, but do not do it at the spec'd torque. Use a lesser value to ensure they did not loosen. I do this so as not to disturb the initial red lock tight on the spec'd initial torque...

With that said, if I could find wheels I like with the backspacing that would give the stance I currently have I'd go that route...but...wheel spacers are fine as long as you check 'em ...

SC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts