Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to put another check mark on the bucket list. When is the best time to go?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Spring or fall. Summer is just to hot IMO.

·
Super Moderator
23,450 Posts
We just did in in November and perfect time to be on the White Rim. We camped at Candlestick which if you can get a permit was a great spot. It of course gets cool at night but the day time was ideal. I have been to Moab in Feb, March, April, June and July and November and never a bad time to be there. I know people say it is hot but it really is no hotter than Montana and it is a dry heat. This was this July and it was one day that hot the rest was 80-90's. Even the day it was 105 (we did Elephant Hill that day) it was fine. we did hiking and never had an issue. Nice thing is there were no other rigs out so had the place to ourselves. Same as in November.

Reactions: Shadowmaker

·
Registered
20 Posts
We just did in in November and perfect time to be on the White Rim. We camped at Candlestick which if you can get a permit was a great spot. It of course gets cool at night but the day time was ideal. I have been to Moab in Feb, March, April, June and July and November and never a bad time to be there. I know people say it is hot but it really is no hotter than Montana and it is a dry heat. This was this July and it was one day that hot the rest was 80-90's. Even the day it was 105 (we did Elephant Hill that day) it was fine. we did hiking and never had an issue. Nice thing is there were no other rigs out so had the place to ourselves. Same as in November.

I don't care if it is a dry heat, make sure you have plenty of water when it is 105, encase you get stranded in the boonies.

·
Super Moderator
23,450 Posts
I don't care if it is a dry heat, make sure you have plenty of water when it is 105, encase you get stranded in the boonies.
I agree whole heartedly carry plenty of water.

·
Super Moderator
5,739 Posts
Whenever wheeling out there we always carry extra water. You just never know. We were there one year during a mountain bike event, tons of mountain bikers. We would always offer water to the mountain bikers, more than a few took us up on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts