Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took off the factory covers on the tail gate and then covered it with aluminum plate....the miracles of a plasma cutter......all the " slag" i scraped off with a razor blade to make edge smooth. the plan is to get the fold down kit for the tailgate.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
If u did the fold down I think that's a pretty cool lookin tail gate. Either way, looks good

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
man who the hell uses millimeters??? lol i think its 16 gauge aluminum plate. there will be no outside shiny aluminum...honestly i cant wait for it to dull down and shit... love the rugged look but i might make another i have enough that i might be able to make 2 more. dunno what id charge but i reckon make an offer. think my next build will be a hd tire carrier so i can make my fold down kit for the tailgate...that way if it falls the $%# off i can only blame me lmao

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a rare 91 MB 300GE 2 dr cabriolet that had a fold down with a similar plate. It was tough as hell, easy to clean etc. Each GE cab came from the plant in Austria like that, so a good legacy. Go for it, nice work.

·
Registered
863 Posts
:thumb: AwEsoMeNeSs!!!

Was thinking of making something out of fiberglass to protect my from scratches, which I'm already to late for since I've gotten a few already :nonono:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea thats y i did...had stuff banging around in there now who cares!!! lol and it was really pretty cheap....bought the plate for messing around with and so really its prolly about a 30 - 40 dollar mod....plate cost 100 and the door surround was 5 or so.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea i could always take it off and bedline it to match my tub....just havent yet or havent even really given it much thought. it was cold a sh!t that day so i kinda just did it and went inside.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts