Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 90, 4.2 had an aftermarket temp gauge put in by the po. The wire tat runs from the sending unit to the back of the gauge was broke at the gauge. I took out the aftermarket add on and would like to see if i can get the orginal working, or put a new on in the original spot. It looks like all the info comes through the harness into the flexible circuit board (dont know what else to call it) then to the gauges. Everything but the clock and temp gauge work fine. Under the hood there are many cut wires as the po also did an engine swap. Any ideas what I need to do from the sending unit to the harness or is there a way to go strait to a new temp gauge?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the exact same problem on my 89 YJ... I am looking for a thread that walks you thru this situation as well. I would like to hard wire all the original gauges and bypass the circuit board. I see people talk about that, but cant find a write up on it... still searching...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts