Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe i'm not as good at the search function as i once was, but my temperature control knob does nothing. I pulled it off and looked to see if there is something broke, but didn't find anything. Its not an auto control, is there an actual mechanical linkage or something behind the dash I should tear into?

I should say its just straight cold out all vents and no sludge in the radiator so I don't thinks its the heater core....yet

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Try purging your system, you may have an air pocket blocking the heater core.

Pull your rad cap off, turn your blower setting to max heat with recirculation on and let the jeep run for 20mins. You can speed it up by holding your rpms at 2-2500.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, i'm thinking it may be the actual knob, even when i turn the AC on it doesn't have any effect on it either. I'm just not sure how that whole thing works.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The temp knob works when you set the first knob to auto. Kind of weird how it works. I like it in the big time heat or cold, with autostart. Most of the time I just do it manually.

Bob K.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
What are you saying? Are you saying that your heater doesn't work, or your AC doesn't work? Do you even have AC? I think that maybe you don't understand what the controls do, how they work or what they trigger. If you understood that, we might be able to better direct you. The fan blows the air, whether it is AC cooled, room temperature or heater air. The controls determine what type of air you receive, whether it is room temperature, AC cooled, or Heater air. The top lever determines where the air comes from, whether it is AC or room temperature and where it is directed. The bottom lever controls the actual temperature of the air, and what processes it, whether it is the AC system(cold) or the Heater(Hot), or a combination of systems, like room temperature and AC. Therefore, if you get no really cold air and you have the knobs set right, then you have an AC problem(If you have AC). If your knobs are set right and you get no heat, then you have a heater problem.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ac works fine. When I turn the temperature control knob nothing happens. When I go to the heat side it doesn't get hot. I don't have auto air as far as I'm aware. The first knob is recir/blower speed the center is temp control and ac button and the last one is the defrog button and vent selection. I don't have an auto button but I'll have to dig through the Manual.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fixed it by taking dash off and jiggling the wires going into the mixer door I think. Hell I don't know what I did but I took the dash off and now it works. Thanks for the advice guys, and if anyone plans on trying to buy a new control head from the dealer make sure it doesn't have a lip around the outside. Apparany there are some disparaties between the stock ones, cosmetically. Oh well it's fixed now and time to move on to....hmmm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts