Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone. just finished doing a heater core flush on my wrangler cause i was gettting no heat at all. so i started my jeep up like normal and i have about 110 degrees coming out of the dash vents.:banghead: can anyone tell me if thats normal or alittle low? it just doesnt feel that hot to me. also i checked my heater core hoses and both of them are hot. before the top was hot and the bottom was cool. any help is appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Can not help you with the temperature part but if it is blowing out good warm air then it sounds like it is working. However, you mention that it used to be plugged according to the hoses being hot and cold so perhaps it is still not flowing as efficiently as it could. Jeeps are very famous for great heaters.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea a bunch of black sand stuff came out

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and how can i check the flowing?

·
Registered
201 Posts
My floor vents are hot enough to leave red marks on unsuspecting passengers wearing flip flops. So, whatever temperature skin gets a first degree burn at, that's how hot mine are.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Did you flush it the normal direction or backflush it (flush it backwards compared to the way it normally flows)? If you just flushed it the normal direction, you may still have gunk in your heater core...try backflushing it and see if that helps. Mine gets extremely hot...no idea of exact temperature, but it'll burn ya.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i flushed it both ways just to be sure it feels like its a bit hotter though siince ive been driving it

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have cleaned alot of hearter cores with Muriatic Acid (eats lime) . You can get a small bottle at most hardware stores and it,s cheap .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts