Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I very tempted to take my jeep offroading this year (first jeep n just got my permit but I'll have my license by the time I can go wheelin ) but idk if in a good enough condition to do so anyone have any way to See if it's capable/ safe to go?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Take a dirt bike or quad up there to check it out. And always go wheelin with buddies, its more fun, and its easier to get unstuck with multiple jeeps to help :) Trust me, your first time wheeling will always be remembered. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
My suggestion would be......If you are wondering if you can make it, ride with someone wherever you are wanting to go as a passenger first, then if you think you can maybe you can.
If you are asking this question, this is probably the best course of action for ya :thumb:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohh I've been on the the trail with my buddy n his jku just my yj is a lil worn n rough around the edges with the under carrage. ( guy in a blazer leaf spring flew off on the highway n damaged it ) ima put some pics up but I just wanna make sure the jeep is ok use on the trail

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you can drive it down the road it should be fine on the trail. What was damaged? The body, frame, suspension, or drive train?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Badly dented the driver side rocker and I think there some drivetrain damage because my tranny an tcase is pissin oil and also it ripped a huge whole on the driver floor board

·
Registered
149 Posts
Join or at least go with a local jeep club :)
Thats how I got started and being a " newbie" they made sure I didnt go on any trails md jeep couldnt handle ! ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Badly dented the driver side rocker and I think there some drivetrain damage because my tranny an tcase is pissin oil and also it ripped a huge whole on the driver floor board
HOLY CRAP!!:eek::eek:
I hope the guys insurance is paying the bill.

The oil leak would be my only concern. If it's bad, leave the Jeep at home and ride along till it's fixed. The last thing you want is to have someone else pull your rig out to the road so the wrecker can get you home, not to mention the cost of replaceing parts that are not already FUBAR. The body damage is a non-issue.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have just got my first jeep but I haves them around my life for a while like my dad has three of them a 1980 cj7 with a 304 and 6in of lift running 35 boggers he also has a 1951 Willys Cj-3a and a 1999 tj both stock and my yj is stock but it will go places where my friends can't with jacked up trucks and lockers but mine will keep right up there with them so what I'm tryin to get to is that you shouldn't have any trouble with where your going!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts