Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 JKU and want to install the TF 2.5 Coil Lift. What are the problems or issues I will be running into? Do I need to change out the control arms and track bars? Are there any other mods that I shouldpaln for? The JKU has Duratrac 33s on MB Cahos 5 Wheels, and the XRC MOD Bumper with Bull bar. Will be adding the end caps and the Smitybilt X2O 8 Comp Winch when they come in. Also plan on the XRC rear bumper and tire carier. I don't want to get inot this and find out there are more things that need to be done. Wantt to do it all at one time, budget allowing of course.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The kit has everything you need. Depending on your driving and preference you could look to add front and rear adj. track bars to recenter your axel, but they are not 100% needed and will be ok without them. If you want to improve the on road handling a bit, and have the budget, I would recommend front lower adjustable control arms.

Sometimes it's best to do the lift and see how it drives and handles for you, then look to the areas you think need improvement.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
The kit has everything you need. Depending on your driving and preference you could look to add front and rear adj. track bars to recenter your axel, but they are not 100% needed and will be ok without them. If you want to improve the on road handling a bit, and have the budget, I would recommend front lower adjustable control arms.

Sometimes it's best to do the lift and see how it drives and handles for you, then look to the areas you think need improvement.
^^^This.

The TF 2.5" lift is complete. Be aware that, after the lift, your Jeep is gonna feel much different. Drive it for awhile, and if it feels like it drifts too much on the highway, or has flighty steering, THEN spend the $ on adj ca's.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^This.

The TF 2.5" lift is complete. Be aware that, after the lift, your Jeep is gonna feel much different. Drive it for awhile, and if it feels like it drifts too much on the highway, or has flighty steering, THEN spend the $ on adj ca's.
Upper or lower or both? Front and rear or just front?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I did front lowers. With a 2.5 that was all that was needed after driving it for a month and consulting with Teraflex customer service. I felt it helped my on road handling and got rid of the highway sway

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
Installed my TF 2.5" Coil yesterday. They left out the rear trackbar relocation bracket. :banghead: Anyhow, even without that, my JK handles better than stock without new adj. CA's or trackbars, at least thus far. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
53,779 Posts

·
596 Posts
Oops, I should have mentioned that. Bilstein 5100's for shocks. That may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Oops, I should have mentioned that. Bilstein 5100's for shocks. That may have something to do with it.
Yeah . . . that'll do it--weak stock coils and craptastic shocks to stiffer coils and high end shocks. Should ride great.

Kjeeper10's instinct is correct on the highways. I'm curious whether you feel the handling (rather than the ride) has changed at higher speeds.

·
596 Posts
Never got above 65, but handling was great on highway, sans track bar bracket.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Installed my TF 2.5" Coil yesterday. They left out the rear trackbar relocation bracket. :banghead: Anyhow, even without that, my JK handles better than stock without new adj. CA's or trackbars, at least thus far. :thumb:
Doesn’t this kit come with front and rear track bar brackets? I would think having the back offset from a missing bracket would make her ride strange at any speed. Nasty wear on the tires as well.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know Bilstein are good shocks. How good are the Tera Flex shocks in the kit? Is it worth the extra $$ for the Bilsteins?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I know Bilstein are good shocks. How good are the Tera Flex shocks in the kit? Is it worth the extra $$ for the Bilsteins?
I'm riding on the TF shocks that came with the kit. No complaints, but I wondered if the Bilsteins would have been worth the cash too.

·
596 Posts
kenb1023 said:
Doesn’t this kit come with front and rear track bar brackets? I would think having the back offset from a missing bracket would make her ride strange at any speed. Nasty wear on the tires as well.
The kit was supposed to come with rear only. Front stays stock. To be honest, neither axle is off by much if any at all. I am going to run the setup as is until I can pop for front and rear adj track bars.

·
596 Posts
Be warned, my install took a bit longer due to some inconsistencies in the install instructions. Overall not too bad. The lift is awesome though.

·
Super Moderator
53,779 Posts
ShaunWV said:
The kit was supposed to come with rear only. Front stays stock. To be honest, neither axle is off by much if any at all. I am going to run the setup as is until I can pop for front and rear adj track bars.
Why even bother?
From what I've learned recently- a set of front LCA's to dial in the pa/caster.

Glad to hear you don't really need the TB's

Me-will see.
I don't want to mess with shocks/extensions, so now looking to replace those :)

Edit--i Read your last post.

Yes we are planning on a Saturday since both have to work on Monday.
We gave it a once over and my shock bolts/mounts look like they might give some trouble. Everything else looks great.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts