Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. Longtime looker and first post.

I purchased a Teraflex steering stabilizer (Part #1513001). Teraflex shows the steering stabilizer (same part #) fits a JK and a TJ. The stabilizer I received has a sleeve on the stem. What is confusing me is the instructions are the same for a JK and a TJ, however the TJ instructions shows a photograph of a stabilizer without a sleeve where the JK photograph has a sleeve.

Did I happen to get the wrong stabilizer or did I get a newer model with a sleeve? Anyone else have this steering stabilizer on their jeep?

I'm confused...

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Not sure why you are having issues, a SS install is very straightforward. Just use the old SS as a guide if needed. Which part in the kit are having a question about?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Most steering stabilizers come with an additional sleeve so that the stabilizer can fit multiple applications. The sleeve goes in the stabilizer's body-end bushing. Use the sleeve that works with your axle side mounting bolt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure the installation is easy it's whether I have the right stabilizer. The one I ordered has a sleeve on it. That is what is confusing me as the picture you posted does not.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
That may just be an older version. The product picture of the 9550 on the Teraflex site does not have the stone guard but the video from 2012 on the product page does have the stone guard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts