Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Sahara Unlimited-18 inch Wheels/Stock Tires

Found a local Jeep Dealer that installed for $220.00 ( I supplied kit). 4 Wheel Parts wanted $300.00 and a couple of local garages wanted more. Discussed any possible warranty issue down the road with the dealer and they said "no problem". I felt good about using them should any warranty related problems occur.

I am happy with the outcome. 2 inch gain on the front and a little over an inch on the rear. Woud probably sit higher in the front if not for the Rampage Recovery bumper. Can't tell a difference in the ride.

After install.

Before install.

·
Registered
625 Posts
looks Nice! Was that the spacer kit or the premium spring kit?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Lighting is everything. It looks like you also went from Silver to Ice Blue.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Looks good.
Will be one of my first upgrades when I get mine.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's another picture for comparison. My Sahara (with TeraFlex Leveling Kit) on the left and a stock Sahara on the right. Both jeeps have 18" wheels and identical tires.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Look good, something for me to keep in mind when the time come to raise mine.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Looks awesome. So $220 for the install, how much for the kit? How much would you say was the grand total? Just so I know how much I'll be spending next week :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks great. I did the same lift on my Rubi-X last week. I picked mine up off of ebay for $149 shipped.

If you have any skill with a wrench, and especially if you have access to an impact wrench, I highly recommend saving yourself some money and installing it yourself. Granted, I've done a few of these, but with the help of a friend and his airtools, we installed this kit in 1 hour and 10 minutes on jackstands in his driveway. That was start to finish and driving away. We weren't even really rushing, it just goes on that easy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks great. That's not a bad price either. It's an easy install on your own if you have the tools but... if you figure on 4 hours (which is what it took me with my brother), that's only $55/hr. Really not bad. Congrats.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's another picture for comparison. My Sahara (with TeraFlex Leveling Kit) on the left and a stock Sahara on the right. Both jeeps have 18" wheels and identical tires. http://s359.photobucket.com/user/Klozures/media/ad13eac8-1933-49f8-b571-f133737cf48c_zps7f5a48ed.jpg.html
I love the look and will need the additional 1.5" for the tire/wheel combo I am looking at for my DD, never off-road, mid-life toy. But I like the factory rake too. Does anyone offer a 1.5" BB, non-leveling kit?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Got mine on Ebay for $65 minus the sway bar links. Did the install myself in about 2 hours including cutting the stock sway bar links and lengthening them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts