Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Typically, the spring spacers, bump stop spacers and shock spacers are all the same size. This means you are essentially 'shifting' the entire suspension by the same amout. This is the way the AEV spacer lift is done.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Typically, the spring spacers, bump stop spacers and shock spacers are all the same size. This means you are essentially 'shifting' the entire suspension by the same amout. This is the way the AEV spacer lift is done.
Thanks for answering all my questions I really appreciate it. Would you recommend longer bump stop spacers or a taller bump stop lower pad on the bottom of the spring? Or does it matter?

·
Registered
61 Posts
A year ago I put a 2.5" lift on the back and 3.5" in the front, all Teraflex. My Jeep points up now and it's super annoying. The ride is fine, I have 33X12.5 MT's on it and if I run 32 psi it's like stock, run it at 35 and it's really harsh.

·
Super Moderator
5,888 Posts
Thanks for answering all my questions I really appreciate it. Would you recommend longer bump stop spacers or a taller bump stop lower pad on the bottom of the spring? Or does it matter?
It doesn't matter which side is extended. But typically the pad is what is extended. And if all you want is 1", I think extending the pad is the only option.
A low cost way to add 1" up front is hockey pucks. They are about an inch thick, and they are the right diameter to sit on the pad inside the spring. Just drill a hole in the center and a matching hole in the center of the pad on the axle. Thread the hole on the pad. I counter sink the hole in the hockey puck so there is room for the head of the bolt / screw. And then secure the hockey puck to the pad. Or you could just glue the hockey puck to the pad. But that will make removing and replacing the springs harder.
Also, if you add bump stop extensions you will loose suspension travel. If you don't combine that with longer shocks or shock extensions to gain that travel back you lost that suspension travel.
If you buy a lift instead of a leveling kit it should have all this properly thought out and engineered into the kit. Something like the AEV 2" spacer lift would already have this worked out.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Sorry for not replying yesterday, but I was out wheeling all day!! I see that GuzziMoto has you covered with the inf you need. IMO, the AEV 2" spacer lift is the way to go.

Reactions: AustyPosty
21 - 25 of 25 Posts