Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Sahara on order it is due in July.

I am almost certain that I am going to do a 1.5 Leveling Kit. Leaning towards a TF 1.5 Spring Leveling kit

What are the ins and outs of this kit? Re use factory shocks? Can I fit 33" tires with this kit? How was installation? Seems very simple.

Any Pictures of this setup on your rig? I would like to see.

Any Help or advice you can offer is welcome!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I just installed the TF leveling kit on my JK last weekend. It wasn't the spring kit but with the spacers that go above the springs, 2 in front, 1 in the rear.

The written instructions leave out a lot of necessary steps but TF has Youtube videos of just about all their products and that helped a lot. You can run 33" tires on a stock JK with the right wheels or spacers, I did it for a few weeks before the kit. The only rubbing I had/have is on the plastic air dam under the front bumper when backing up. A little trimming and that will go away.

Before lift:

After:

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I just installed the TF spring kit about 3 weeks ago on my 2014 JKU. It's really straight forward. It took me about 5, very casual, hours to install. I did reuse the factory shocks, and just ordered Rancho 9000's, but the Jeep feels a little loose over bumps and also sway's more with the factory shocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
^ you're going to love the setup with the Ranchos. I paired them both with some bushwacker flatties and 35s. Looks clean and has good angles.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I just installed a 1.5" teraflex spacer Kit as well last Friday. As others have stated pretty easy, took me less the an hour to install at work but that was with a hoist, giant axle stands and a spring compressor.

Quick tip for the rear, take the calipers off and stab links and it will make life a lot easier and not strain your flex lines.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Great system. Cheap, quality, straight-forward install.

Clears 33s easily and could do 35s with fender trimming.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I just installed the TF spring kit about 3 weeks ago on my 2014 JKU. It's really straight forward. It took me about 5, very casual, hours to install. I did reuse the factory shocks, and just ordered Rancho 9000's, but the Jeep feels a little loose over bumps and also sway's more with the factory shocks.
I am assuming you have 33s. What is the measurement from the ground to the top?

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I have 285/70 17's. I can't measure it right now, I'm at work, but I will get the measurements as soon as I can. You want it from the ground to the roof line?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently installed the TF 1.5" spring kit on this 2007 Rubicon. I had it installed at 4WheelParts, along with 17x9" Rugged Ridge Drakon Wheels and 33 inch BFGoodrich KM2 tires. Also replaced the shocks with Bilstein 5100s.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Great system. Cheap, quality, straight-forward install.

Clears 33s easily and could do 35s with fender trimming.
I currently run this with 35s (315s, close enough). You could run 35s but I wouldn't want to take it off road that way. Rubicon shocks work fine. My only complaint about the kit is that my front passenger side spring is sagging a bit under the weight of my bumper and winch. Lost about 1/2" of lift on that side.

Having trouble attaching a photo. Pics in my build thread with stock wheels and the 315s.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just installed the Teraflex leveling kit with spacers (2" front, 1" rear) on my '15 Unlimited. And installed 285/70/17 Terra Grappler G2 tires, Nitto specs these tires at 32.76" tall, I'm very happy with my decision. Using stock shocks, install took about 2 hrs with my father in law handing me tools and lending a hand. Watch the install video TF has on YouTube, it should answer all your install questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
I installed the TF levelling kit as well and WAS very happy with it. I was able to run 285/75/17 tires with no problem. THEN, I added a new bumper and winch and dropped .75" in front. GuessI need to figure out how to get it back up. Stiffer springs? New shocks?

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Plus maintains stock ride and handling which I actually really like on my 14 Rubicon
I agree. We did this kit on my gal's '13 and it rides so nice!

I currently run this with 35s (315s, close enough). You could run 35s but I wouldn't want to take it off road that way. Rubicon shocks work fine. My only complaint about the kit is that my front passenger side spring is sagging a bit under the weight of my bumper and winch. Lost about 1/2" of lift on that side.

Having trouble attaching a photo. Pics in my build thread with stock wheels and the 315s.
Why not?! Plenty wheel with stock suspension and do so just fine for years. If you worry about rubbing your fenders, add bumpstop extensions. Simple stuff.

Honestly, if you wheel enough where you've used up your suspension it's time to get a kit geared towards offroad anyway! :bop:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I installed the TF levelling kit as well and WAS very happy with it. I was able to run 285/75/17 tires with no problem. THEN, I added a new bumper and winch and dropped .75" in front. GuessI need to figure out how to get it back up. Stiffer springs? New shocks?
What tires did you go with? I liked the 285/75/17 size, but wanted to stay with a lighter weight passenger rated tire, and the 285/70/17's were the biggest I could find. Do you have pics of your Jeep?

·
Registered
446 Posts
BFGoodrich KM2s

The 1st is a pice with stock bumper. the 2nd is the Bumper and Winch I just installed. Don't have any pics yet, but like I said, I did measure before and after and dropped 3/4 of an inch. Oh...I did have to trim the air dam a little and the rims do have a 4.5" backspace

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts