Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 JKU Sahara. I will be running 33's this summer.
I want to lift 1.5" roughly. Yeah I know I don't need a lift with 33's but that is not the topic.

I am going to get one of these kits. I will probably be picking up some Rancho 9000XL's also.

I will be keeping stock bumpers for now with no winch. I will be adding a bumper hoop and lights to the stock bumper in front so that will be it for now.

Am I correct in thinking the RK is a stiffer ride ? This assumes the RK kit comes with its own shocks which I think it does ? I don't want a stiff ride so if that is the case I will go with the TF.

I have read both these kits start to sag in the back so I will need pucks or bump stops ?

Anything else with these kits I would need separately ? Caster angle should not be changed hardly so no controller arms etc... right ?

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
I was going to go close to a 33 and a 1.5 myself before my plans changed.

From a kit perspective, the TF is pretty basic. When I was going for an LCG build, I was going to use the RK springs and then build my own kit.

I wanted the TF LCG rear track bar bracket and a set of front disconnects and I was going to use a rear sway bar spacer since it was such a small amount of lift. I also chose the JKS front track bar and a steering stabilizer relocation kit.

From there, it's determining what shocks you want and then the bump stops depending on what length shocks you choose. A general rule of thumb is to add bumpstop equal to the delta between the stock shock collapsed length and the aftermarket shock collapsed length.

Now, I will add that if you want specifics on the 2 springs, send jadmt a PM as he has BOTH sets installed on very similar Jeeps...

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/rockkrawler-1-5-or-teraflex-1-5-coils-1108954.html#post17047658

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Am I correct in thinking the RK is a stiffer ride ? This assumes the RK kit comes with its own shocks which I think it does ? I don't want a stiff ride so if that is the case I will go with the TF.

I have read both these kits start to sag in the back so I will need pucks or bump stops ?

Anything else with these kits I would need separately ? Caster angle should not be changed hardly so no controller arms etc... right ?
I haven't had any sagging but I also don't have any extra weight in the rear.

If you are concerned about the rear sagging there is a anther 1.5 kit that has a higher spring rate then the TF springs.

There are many different levels to the RK lift. You can it with or without shocks. If you do get shocks then you will need brake lines or brake line extension.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I have a frankenlift using the RK 1.5" springs. I have heavy front and rear bumpers with zero sag. I have heard this is more of an issue with TF. No regular adjustments needed for me. Very happy with my set up listed in my signature.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leaning towards RK after reading sagging issues with TF. And Rancho 9000 shocks.

Now I have to figure out the details of what else I need to do it right.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Leaning towards RK after reading sagging issues with TF. And Rancho 9000 shocks. Now I have to figure out the details of what else I need to do it right.
Hoping I don't get sagging issues. I'm running an ARB rear bumper, TF tire carrier and 315 spare. Very rarely loaded either.

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
Here is how it sits right now before the TF leveling springs go on. I doubt it will be very noticeable once they go on.

View attachment 1943210
I think you'll notice it. First, it will be a bit more level which I like and I think that extra wheel well space you get will be visible. It's going to look great with the flats already giving it a bit of lifted look.

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
1 - 20 of 110 Posts