Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am planning on installing the teraflex 2.5 with the 9550 suspension, am running 285 70 r17 BFG AT, I have got a good deal on them through a friend but after reading couple of threads am really not in favor of making my ride rough on road and off road.

please advice, will it change after some time or this setup is like that ??

·
Registered
240 Posts
A rough ride is relative with a solid axle vehicle. My limited experience has shown me that they are inherently a bit rougher than independent supsension vehicles--kinda the nature of the beast.

I am running the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift with the VSS 9550 shocks. I'm thoroughly satisfied with this set up. The lift kit and shocks have made for a firmer ride over stock. Personally, I like it. The Jeep does not lean as much into turns and does not "nose down" on hard braking with the Teraflex lift kit.

I've made a 2,000 mile road trip over part of this past March and early April and got to take the Jeep offroad during the trip, had some free time at Fort Stewart and got to hit the tank trails, the performance was outstanding.

One thing you should be aware of, with the Teraflex lift kit, if you plan on running stock wheels, you will need wheel spacers.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I too have the teraflex 2.5" lift with the 9550 shocks and I also am very satisfied with the quality of the ride. Not sure what posts you might be reading, but Teraflex has a pretty good reputation here. That being said, ride quality is all personal opinion.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I too agree that i think the ride is fine after installing the 2.5 teraflex. It is a little firmer for sure, but I am also running E rated new Hankook Dynapros which are 10 ply side walls so that will add to the firmness.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Also running the Teraflex 2.5 lift with Bilstein shocks. Slightly rougher ride, but it has better handling than before. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thanks all for the great feedback and review, I have ordered the Teraflex 2.5 with 9550 kit and will share picutres once I install them, I tried to find a 2" wheel spacers but only got the 1.5

anyway will see how it turns out

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think the 2.5 TF coil lift with 9550 shocks drives great on the road. I have not had a chance to take it off road yet. It seems once you start modding, it never ends. I have since put on the TF monster control arms, monster front track bar, and I am going to replace the front ball joints with Synergy. Once that is done, I will be able to get a proper alignment done.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Been running the 2.5 coil lift with 9550s for about a year or so with no complaints. Would go with them again but will probably try AEV or Rock Krawler next go around to have some experience with other lifts. I ran a Daystar lift before the TF one and like it too, it just wasn't big enough.

;)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Well thanks all for the great feedback and review, I have ordered the Teraflex 2.5 with 9550 kit and will share picutres once I install them, I tried to find a 2" wheel spacers but only got the 1.5

anyway will see how it turns out
1.5 will let you go up to 37 inch tires with that lift (with a bit of trimming)... 2 inches and you are going to loose all your travel into the fenders...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts