Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Cosmos Blue
build 8/11
33X12.5X17-9 Ultra Nomads 5" BS
Teraflex 2.5 Coil spring lift w/ shocks

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Nice! :thumb:

I'm digging those gray wheels.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good. Any issues with install? Did you use the exhaust spacer kit?

No problems with the install, my dad wanted to participate, so it only took us about 5 hrs with just hand tools.. we both tackled our own sides..
everything lined up perfect, and didn't even have to adjust the steering wheel that sort of thing...

i did use the exhaust spacer, but after looking it, i didnt think u would really need it, but it did make for lowering the axel up and down for putting in the new coil springs a much easier task.

we both tackled the rear end , then went to the front,

i used 2 four tone jack stands, which went to 18 inches i believe, if u can get them taller i would, it did the job but which i had a couple more inches to play with.. most people put the whole thing on all 4 stands i did it wont just 2.. so that tells u the install went pretty easy..

didn't have to drill anything, either which was the first thing i loved about the lift.. gives the jeep a nice stance and makes it look much more aggressive.. next up bumper and light bar :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hell Yes.

I'm tellin' ya, seeing jeeps like this *almost* makes me regret getting the 2D. You've got your ride lookin' sweeeeeeet. Well done.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
kbwwolf.

............... on your lift, if you had used the exhaust spacers, would you have still needed the F-DS :thumb:

Before U say it, I know U have answered this Q before:bottom:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
............... on your lift, if you had used the exhaust spacers, would you have still needed the F-DS :thumb:

Before U say it, I know U have answered this Q before:bottom:
Not quiet sure what ur trying to ask,,,

with the 2.5 a drive shaft is not needed... unless u went with a smaller drive shaft and no exhaust spacers.. but why go smaller on a driveshaft?
if ur going 3 or more, i would consider drive shaft

i would recommend exhaust spacers for the 2012 for any lift.. its needed.. chrysler made a weird exhaust design...

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm tellin' ya, seeing jeeps like this *almost* makes me regret getting the 2D. You've got your ride lookin' sweeeeeeet. Well done.
LoL seeing some of the 2 doors makes me regret getting the 4 door Lmfao

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Looks good. You say that you didn't have to adjust your steering wheel afterward, did you loosen your track bars and control arm bolts prior prior to dropping the axles?

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Great looking Jeep!

The color sorta grows on U :thumb:

Talked to Chris at Full Traction today about thier 3" Premium Plus lift! Great guy and great customer service:thumb:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
haha yup.. my steering wheel was sitting at the 11 0' clock posistion from the manufacture.. when i put on the lift its sitting about a few mins past 12 o'clock now..

so i never had to do anything

1 - 20 of 21 Posts