Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody...im about to purchase this setup after doing some research and seeing a lot of people using similar rigs.

Teraflex 2.5" lift w/shock extensions, Teraflex front adjustable trackbar,
Rancho control arm brackets, Rancho 9000xl shock absorber and exhaust spacer

price wise they're all pretty close with teraflex set-up being the most using the same rancho shocks. Some other kits have the track bar included but I'm brand new to this and ready to go with spring here...any recomendations , see anything I left out or stay with what i got?
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
2.5" is a great lift height to beef up your look and make room for some wheels/tires. I would recommend upgrading your shocks when you lift it instead of the shock extensions. Unless you are looking for only top-dollar material then a shock upgrade isn't too expensive. Good to go ahead and put the adjustable front track bar on. The control arm drop brackets will keep it riding like a stock jeep after the lift.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I run that setup up. I love it. You don't want the shock extensions if you're getting new shocks. Just get the Rancho 9000XLs with part number ending in 29 and 30. They will fit despite the description on some sites that they are for a 4 inch lift.

The other reason you don't want the extensions is that kit comes with the frame side rear track bar relocation bracket. You want the axle side bracket that comes with the kit without extensions (or the kit that comes with TF shocks). It's far superior in strength and function.

The TF track bar is a good one. On my list of mods. Much better than the ones that come with some of the other kits. You don't NEED it though. The stock one is serviceable and the offset of the axle is minor. You could save some money by putting that off until later.

Other than what you've listed, get the Northridge 4X4 bolt kit and replace all your stock lower control arm and track bar bolts. It's about $60 and cheap insurance against suspension problems. You have to loosen all the CA and TB bolts anyway during the lift to let the bushings reorient themselves to the new hieght. Then torque them once the Jeep is back at ride height on the ground. Not a big deal to replace those bolts as you go.

And don't forget that Rancho is offering a rebate on the shocks right now. I think it's $100, or about the cost of a single shock so like getting one for free.

http://www.gorancho.com/promotions/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts