Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I really need the kit with shock adaptors or can I just use the coil spacers. I am trying to keep suspension as close to stock as possible to avoid voiding warranty. If truck needs to go to dealer I will just take 35" off and put stock on. Dealer is ok with 2.5" lift. Also do I need wheel spacers. I am getting mixed answers from wheel companies and 4wheelonline and quadratec. I am going to use stock shocks for now, until warranty gets closer to being up. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
There is different opinions on whether a 33" tire can go on without a spacer or new wheel with less backspace. Some have said their tires rub bad while others say they have no rubbing. So I expect it is the brand of tire and the width. But if you go past a 33" as with a 35, then you have to get a spacer or get new rims. Don't like spacers myself.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Do I really need the kit with shock adaptors or can I just use the coil spacers. I am trying to keep suspension as close to stock as possible to avoid voiding warranty. If truck needs to go to dealer I will just take 35" off and put stock on. Dealer is ok with 2.5" lift. Also do I need wheel spacers. I am getting mixed answers from wheel companies and 4wheelonline and quadratec. I am going to use stock shocks for now, until warranty gets closer to being up. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I have the TF 2.5” spring lift and I kept my stock shocks (I got the kit with the shock extensions).

With this kit it is recommend that you get spacers because the bolt on the rear links will most likely (but not always) be too close to the stock wheel, so you need the spacers to prevent the wheels from rubbing on the bolts.

You can do what I did. I got the kit and installed it and saw there was only 1/8” spacing from the bolt to the wheel so I then got spacers.

BTW - the coil spacers and shock extensions are two separate things. When you do the lift you’ll raise the Jeep by 2.5” with coil spacers or new springs. Since the spring height is higher you’ll also have to increase the shock length with extensions or new shocks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts