1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have it on one of my jeeps without the shocks. (used the rubicon shocks with extensions)
I was happy with the look when I was done, but not so much with the drive quality.
If you are going to do this lift and want it to drive great spend some extra money on the adjustable Monster front track bar from TF and $99 on the AEV geometry correction brackets. After I installed these 2 items it drives as good as it did stock.
My other Jeep has a 2.5 AEV dualsport lift with the AEV geo correction brackets.
I love to let other jeep owners drive it...they all say the same thing..."I can't believe how smooth this is" One of the guys I let drive it, drives a 2013 Rubicon as his company car (he works for Jeep/Chrysler). He was as shocked as everyone else who has driven it. 2013 Sport with 315 70 17 Duratracs @30psi. Its road manners are better than stock in every way.

·
Registered
732 Posts
This job can easily be done with a basic set of tools ,sockets and wrenches, a jack and tall jack stands. I advise loosening all the arms and track bar bolts to get enough drop from the suspension and when installing the rear pucks lube the part that goes into the frame. and make sure your torque everything once it's on the ground.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have a 3.5" RE lift, however, I guy i whell with has the teraflex 3.5" kit. He loves it. Watching him on trail the ride looks like the rocks and bumps in the road are pretty smoooth. His flex doesnt look as good as the RE lift but he is extremely happy with it.

The flex could just be the shocks hes running...they came witht the kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts