Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had used this lift before, or if any of you are currently running this set up? Just curious to see peoples opinions on this kit and learn more about their experiences on and off trails.

Teraflex 2.5 in. Wrangler Lift Kit w/Shock Adapters 1352002 (07-16 Wrangler JK 2 Door) - Free Shipping

I want to keep my ride feel as close to stock as possible. What do you guys think, should my stock shocks with extensions be enough to handle the mild trails I use on the weekends? Thanks!

·
Registered
356 Posts
You can handle mild trails with your stock shocks for sure.

I have those springs with the Rancho 9000 shocks. 4 door sport. They went on the jeep with about 6000 miles on itand it drives better than stock.

I offroaded mine while it was bone stock except 33 inch tires and it did really well, drug the bottom a couple of times. Just went out with the new setup and it was a lot better.

I really like the way it drives now though. I went with the rancho 9000's because they are adjustable, but I could probably have saved money and went with th 5000's, as I have not adjusted the ones I bought even one time.

I am sure you would like it with your stock shocks, but the gas filled ones are much better for sure.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I run the teraflex 2.5 with rancho 9000xls. I completely agree with teXan, it rides much better than stock. Very smooth ride. It's a great lift and at a great price point too. I did the complete WF most popular lift, with a superlift front track bar. My only issue, it did not level my jeep. I still have a rake, it's probably less than stock, but it still has a rake. I'm about 800ish miles since install so maybe the rear will settle more? I'm not sure. Just a heads up though, might wanna toss in a .5-1" spacer up front if the rake bothers you.

Regardless, I cannot recommend that set up enough.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Its a real good lift and I have been running it since Dec 2013 on my 2 dr. I added things as you can tell in my signature line. The Rancho 9000XL shocks are real nice and I do recommend them and Rancho however if you are in salt country take your adjusters off and put some grease in the holes. I also installed a critical component in the Rancho drop brackets. I know you give up a little in ground clearance but for my purposes I need a good ride on and off and I have not yet bought adjustable CA's.
I have a TF monster track bar and also changed out to the Northridge Grade 8 bolt replacement kit. I run 315 duratracs (34.5 when new) tires and love the set up.
You will net more than 2.5 if you do not have aftermarket accessories on the Jeep. After I loaded up I am at the advertised height. That is what I expected out of the lift.
so 2 years later I still like it and do recommend it for many reasons. Its easy to install, it is very functional, it is priced reasonably and it makes the Jeep look great. Sold. Good Luck and post some pics. If you have any questions, PM me.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I run the teraflex 2.5 with rancho 9000xls. I completely agree with teXan, it rides much better than stock. Very smooth ride. It's a great lift and at a great price point too. I did the complete WF most popular lift, with a superlift front track bar. My only issue, it did not level my jeep. I still have a rake, it's probably less than stock, but it still has a rake. I'm about 800ish miles since install so maybe the rear will settle more? I'm not sure. Just a heads up though, might wanna toss in a .5-1" spacer up front if the rake bothers you.

Regardless, I cannot recommend that set up enough.
I have a couple of thousand on min, and the rear didn't settle that much. I too have a slight rake. I might need to add a 1/2 spacer because I think 1" might be too much. Other then that love the lift

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have this exact lift with less than 4 months on it for sale. I also have the adjustable trackbar which makes the lift much more of a daily driver on highway. Asking 425 including the trackbar which is 280 by itself. I have paperwork to show the lift was installed in September and I took it off myself a few weeks ago and replaced with MC 3.5.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm getting this lift installed later this week, rancho 9000XL and all. I'm kind of worried about still having a rake in the front since I've got a smittybilt xrc front (and rear) bumper, though no winch on it (or any plans to put one on in the near future). Those of you that have the lift and aftermarket bumper(s), would you recommend throwing in a .5-1" spacer in the front?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have a couple of thousand on min, and the rear didn't settle that much. I too have a slight rake. I might need to add a 1/2 spacer because I think 1" might be too much. Other then that love the lift
I'm getting this lift installed later this week, rancho 9000XL and all. I'm kind of worried about still having a rake in the front since I've got a smittybilt xrc front (and rear) bumper, though no winch on it (or any plans to put one on in the near future). Those of you that have the lift and aftermarket bumper(s), would you recommend throwing in a .5-1" spacer in the front?
I can't decide how big of a spacer I need either. I feel like with a steel front bumper for sure 1" spacer. With stock bumpers, at least on mine, I think a .5" would be not enough and a 1" would be a little too much.

Anyone know of a way to measure this so you know exactly how much you need? Do you measure the pinch seams?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mine leveled out pretty well, it may still have a slight rake in it, but I am the only one that notices it due to my OCD, but My 4 dr went up 3.5 in the front even with the Smittybilt SRC bumper and a winch on the front. Went up 2.5 in the back with the matching SRC bumper.

11054835_10204721003451000_7737694852135294396_o.jpg

·
Registered
183 Posts
Update:

Just picked up the jeep last night from the shop, and it levelled out pretty well. I ended up going with the Bilstein 5100's instead of the Ranchos, and I'm pretty happy with the ride, it's actually quite close to stock, if not slightly better.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update: Just picked up the jeep last night from the shop, and it levelled out pretty well. I ended up going with the Bilstein 5100's instead of the Ranchos, and I'm pretty happy with the ride, it's actually quite close to stock, if not slightly better.
Looks great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts