Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a Teraflex 3" lift with the upgrade to all 8 control arms for my '13 JKUR. I have a few questions, and was hoping people with this combination could share their experience. I am planning on running 35" tires (315/70/17). I am considering the Teraflex tuned Fox shocks, but may settle for starting with Teraflex 9550 shocks to keep the initial cost down.

1. It looks like with this kit that camber and pinion angles are well controlled. How is the off-road ride and handling? what about the on-road manners?

2. I would think a trackbar upgrade to an adjustable trackbar would be required. Is this correct? Teraflex Monster trackbar is the plan.

3. How big of an upgrade would the Fox shocks be over the Teraflex shocks?

4. How big a difference would Teraflex speed bumps make?

5. Is this a reasonable set-up? Others I should consider?

Many years experience with Toyota lifts and suspension, but new to the JK. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
53,780 Posts
Camber is not adjustable. Caster and pinion angles are. All 8 arms are important to set those angles and wheelbase. The fox tuned shocks are a great shock. I would def go with them over the 9550's. The speed bumps are overkill unless your highspeed desert ripping slamming your axles into the bumpstops.
A front adjustable Tb is important. Def with 3" of lift height. Hope this helped :)
That's a great kit to go with :thumb:

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have a 13' JKUR with a 2.5" TF coil lift. Definitely look at Metalcloak. Their stuff is ... at least as good. And customer service is vastly superior. Cost might actually be a bit lower.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info!

The Metalcloak JK Wrangler Duroflex Suspension, 2.5" is definitely very interesting and is about the same price ($1999 vs. $2029) but also includes adjustable trackbar. How does Metalcloak quality compare?

The Rock Krawler Wrangler JK 2.5" X Factor System is also very interesting ($1979) but also includes adjustable trackbar. Quality of RK?

·
Super Moderator
53,780 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
The Teraflex monster track bar comes highly recommended from my experience. I have an OME lift. Started running into all kinds of wobble issues. Discovered it was track bar related. Put on the Teraflex and results were amazing. :thumb: I think the size and weight of my tire/wheel combination was too much for the other track bar.

·
Registered
732 Posts
1. It looks like with this kit that camber and pinion angles are well controlled. How is the off-road ride and handling? what about the on-road manners?

2. I would think a trackbar upgrade to an adjustable trackbar would be required. Is this correct? Teraflex Monster trackbar is the plan.

3. How big of an upgrade would the Fox shocks be over the Teraflex shocks?

4. How big a difference would Teraflex speed bumps make?

5. Is this a reasonable set-up? Others I should consider?
First let me say thanks for considering us. We strive to give the best customer support and serivce we can and in fact have a team dedicated to doing exactly that. And if you ever have an issues with one of the team, we all have bad days, ask to speak with the manager.
1) we utilize both a rubber bushing and heim style joint so that you can have the best of both worlds. A comfortable ride with as little NVH as possible(rubber bushings) and not sacrifice flex (heims).
2) we do recommend an adjustable front track bar but do not include it in the kit since some people choose to go with a trackbar bracket instead.
3) the fox shocks we sell are specifically valved for dessert prerunning. Living in New Mexico this maybe right for you, but they do ride a little more firm on the street. Another alternative could be the elka's as they are tuned a little on the softer side.
4)The speed bumps are similar to the Elkas in that they were originally designed for pre-running in mind. Living on the east coast before moving to Utah I never saw much use in them. But after moving out here and running them I do enjoy them on my daily driver as they help soak up some of the massive gutters we have here. They are also nice in the rocks for if you ever come off a rock hard. We have a 3" kit that isn't as intensive as our prerunner kit and this is the route I'd suggest unless you are going to be prerunning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts