Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teraflex 4" ELITE LCG PRERUNNER LONG FLEXARM SUSPENSION SYSTEM vs. Teraflex ALPINE CT

I know that Teraflex lift kits along with many other brands of lift kits are discussed on here daily. I tried searching but haven't found much on the CT4 system, I know Teraflex is a reputable brand with quality products but there is a major price difference in these two kits and I was wondering why, they both have 8 fully adjustable long arms, front and rear trackbars, and rear trackbar brackets, coil springs, and teraflex speed bumps, I know the CT4 only has the speed bumps in the front but I don't think that would create that much of a gap in the price between the two kits, they basically have all of the same components I know the CT4 system is newer, but for that much cheaper I'm wondering if there's a drop in quality. Neither of these kits are the ones that come with shocks, I planned on getting the teraflex tuned fox resoviors cd Adjustable shocks to go with either kit, I have a 2011 unlimited Sahara, I plan on running 35s with stock fenders and eventually 37s with flat fenders, I know about the upgrades with the axles, gearing, driveshafts and steering that come with a lift and tires of that size, the jeep is my daily driver for now but won't always be, I'm not worried about the feel on the road, but more on the performance off-road, what is the difference between these kits components? And is there a difference in quality? Would one perform better than the other, and if so why? Anyone with any experience or knowledge about either of these kits that could shed some light on the topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Do you have a link to the kits? I think you may be referring to these 2:

Alpine: https://teraflex.com/shop_items/58f9446256d70ed493a12238

Elite LCG: https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528ffa7fead962f416e72d1e

It looks to me like the lifts are essentially the same - the brackets included are the same, the springs, etc... The only differences are that the Alpine kit only contains 2 bump stops instead of 4 and includes Alpine arms instead of the Teraflex Monster control arms. I've heard nothing but good things about the Alpine arms, though they are cheaper. They are maintenance free, which I think the monster arms are not. That is mentioned here:

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/575b311b56d70ed4939daab0

"The Alpine Flexarms blend the maintenance free dependability of our sport flexarms with the complete adjustability of our monster flexarms."

The monsters are the gold flexarms and the Alpines are the silver ones. Now what confuses me is that the Alpines, for a set of 8 for a long arm kit is nearing $1400, as seen here:
And the monsters are only about $200 more, as seen here:

In conclusion, I have no clue why it's so much more expensive. 2 SpeedBumps is, what, $350, then the $200 disparity between the control arms? That doesn't equal $1400... Honestly, I would go with the Alpine kit, unless I'm missing something here... Extra emphasis on "missing something."

Edit: I forgot to mention. I'm basically building up toward the CT4 kit (but short arm). I just have the front lowers and TF coils, but it rides great. Though yours will likely drive much better if you choose a good shock. Good luck man!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a link to the kits? I think you may be referring to these 2:

Alpine: https://teraflex.com/shop_items/58f9446256d70ed493a12238

Elite LCG: https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528ffa7fead962f416e72d1e

It looks to me like the lifts are essentially the same - the brackets included are the same, the springs, etc... The only differences are that the Alpine kit only contains 2 bump stops instead of 4 and includes Alpine arms instead of the Teraflex Monster control arms. I've heard nothing but good things about the Alpine arms, though they are cheaper. They are maintenance free, which I think the monster arms are not. That is mentioned here:

"The Alpine Flexarms blend the maintenance free dependability of our sport flexarms with the complete adjustability of our monster flexarms."

The monsters are the gold flexarms and the Alpines are the silver ones. Now what confuses me is that the Alpines, for a set of 8 for a long arm kit is nearing $1400, as seen here:

And the monsters are only about $200 more, as seen here:

In conclusion, I have no clue why it's so much more expensive. 2 SpeedBumps is, what, $350, then the $200 disparity between the control arms? That doesn't equal $1400... Honestly, I would go with the Alpine kit, unless I'm missing something here...

Exactly what I was thinking, you'll have to forgive me I'm new here, it took me forever just to figure out how to post, I had to private message another member and have them tell me how to lol, I meant to link the two kits but completely forgot about it while I was writing my question, I didn't mean to post this in the build thread because I know this is where people share their builds, I meant to post it on the general discussion thread and I did and I included the links there, I tried deleting it in this thread but I couldn't figure that out either, thanks for your insight, I totally agree, I tried researching as much as I could about these kits and found just about everything you did, I wasn't sure if anyone had any experience with either, but for that much of a gap in price and equal quality I wouldn't see why anyone wouldn't want to save $1400! Thanks for your response

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the LCG Elite. Would highly recommend steering clear of any of the gold joints. Both of my rear uppers, and right front upper failed in the first 5k miles, road only, no off road. Replaced all with the alpine arms that are beefier and clevite on both ends (maintenance free). The monster lower joints are in my opinion, and the opinion of many posts here, are super problematic and prone to failure, which one would surmise is the reason TF is going to clevite throughout. The monster lowers will not take grease, and mine are currently shot with 20k miles. If I had to do my lift again, I would look at another vendor. Cheers.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
TF all the way. Adj track bars ft and rear. All 8 arms Alpine. 3 inch lift springs. Sets perfect. Went with the 5100's so ride is a little stiff but might get better. Those adj Falcon's look good and might ride better on the street. But at $1000 more than the 5100's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the LCG Elite. Would highly recommend steering clear of any of the gold joints. Both of my rear uppers, and right front upper failed in the first 5k miles, road only, no off road. Replaced all with the alpine arms that are beefier and clevite on both ends (maintenance free). The monster lower joints are in my opinion, and the opinion of many posts here, are super problematic and prone to failure, which one would surmise is the reason TF is going to clevite throughout. The monster lowers will not take grease, and mine are currently shot with 20k miles. If I had to do my lift again, I would look at another vendor. Cheers.

Wow, the Alpine arms sounds way better. I've read that Rock Krawler makes quality products. If I was to look at another vendor I guess I'd go there, I was looking at their 3.5" X-Factor Long Arm. The CT4 system almost seems too good to be true, but I still have some researching to do. I guess it could be time to choose between Teraflex and Rock Krawler which seems like a never ending debate! I've got some researching to do. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TF all the way. Adj track bars ft and rear. All 8 arms Alpine. 3 inch lift springs. Sets perfect. Went with the 5100's so ride is a little stiff but might get better. Those adj Falcon's look good and might ride better on the street. But at $1000 more than the 5100's.

Sounds like a sweet setup! I was looking at the 5100's and possibly the 5160's. The Falcons look really nice too, but I've always been in love with Fox shocks and it's always been a dream of mine to have some nice adjustable fox resovior shocks on a lifted jeep. I know Teraflex has their tuned versions of them and they seem like they'd be a nice combo with CT4 System. A little pricey though! I hear the 5100's are pretty good on/off-road, I have awhile before a lift and shocks are an option. I'm only 16 and I know I have years on top of years to keep adding to the jeep but there is just so much to do and I wish I could do it all! As of right now the best way to make money at my age is mowing grass and other odd jobs. It might take me years but if I'm gonna do something I'm gonna do it the right way the first time! Thanks for your input

·
Registered
19 Posts
Both of those kits have front and rear bump stops. The PreRunner just has the heavy duty ones on the rears thathave covers over the foam. The CT4 kit uses the foam rears (see the photo on the website links). PreRunne is a more off-road high speed Baja off road. Whereas the CT4 is best if you use it as a daily driver and all around off-road. I think the Long arm kit of the CT4 over the CT3 (short arm kit) offers even greater on road handling and articulation off road.

The PreRunner looks amazing in one of Teraflex's videos where Dennis shows it handling the woops at 50 miles and hour with ease vs. a stock Jeep having difficulty at 10-15 miles an hour. It is worth watching the video if you are interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts