Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered, and had a Tera44 assembled for me back in April. I now have to adjust my ball joints, and have run into two issues. The first one being that one of the set screws was stripped to begin with (this is the first time adjusting them) :atomic: The second issue being that I cannot access the set screw in the middle. I can get the ones in the front and the back by turning the wheels, but the middle ones are not accessible no matter how the wheel is turned. The lower part of the "C" is blocking half of the screw. Has anyone else run into this?

Should I contact Teraflex about the stripped set screw? For the price of the ball joints alone, I am un-enthused that one of the set screws was stripped.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered, and had a Tera44 assembled for me back in April. I now have to adjust my ball joints, and have run into two issues. The first one being that one of the set screws was stripped to begin with (this is the first time adjusting them) :atomic: The second issue being that I cannot access the set screw in the middle. I can get the ones in the front and the back by turning the wheels, but the middle ones are not accessible no matter how the wheel is turned. The lower part of the "C" is blocking half of the screw. Has anyone else run into this?

Should I contact Teraflex about the stripped set screw? For the price of the ball joints alone, I am un-enthused that one of the set screws was stripped.

Who as assembled the terra 44? If it was the shop I would contact them and let them handle it. But terra flex does offer a great warranty so I would also contact them if the first avenue fails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
984 Posts
I have a Teraflex R44 with their HD ball joints installed. I have zero problems accessing any of the set screws and don’t even need to turn the tires past center to access them all.
Something is odd here..

Call Teraflex. I have a contact there, let me know if you need it if it doesn’t move with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts