Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I have an 07 2 door Wrangler Sahara and my buddy gave me a great deal on the Teraflex 2.5 budget boost lift with shock adapters. This kit comes with 2.5 front spring spacers, 2 inch rear spring spacers, rear sway bar links, and front and rear shock extensions. I just wanted to know if I could swap out the coils and shocks on mine with 2014 rubicon JK shocks and coils. I also wanted to know if the coils will lift the jeep higher as well (I would prefer to just have a 2.5 inch lift). Also will the ride quality change with the rubicon shocks? My shocks and coils have over 130,000 miles on them and since I am doing the budget boost myself I might as well swap for these newer parts I have. Lastly, if I do all these mods do I need anything else? I just bought a Teraflex 9550 steering stabilizer just because it was on sale and mine is old but wanted to know if I would need anything else. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
One or the other, but not both. What number are the coils? It's the last 2 numbers before the letters on the tag. Check both sets front and rear and we'll let you know what to expect.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Considering similar

One or the other, but not both. What number are the coils? It's the last 2 numbers before the letters on the tag. Check both sets front and rear and we'll let you know what to expect.
Was reading this post and not sure I understand. I was considering adding the Teraflex puck leveling kit to my sport 2dr along with 18/59 springs (already have them). Mine are 14/56 if I remember correctly. Am I asking for trouble? Are we talking about different things? I also have the red shocks to add.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
@Eugene_Jeep @Pressurized and myself have discussed this (mainly the replacement of the coils based on the coil numbers for a better stance) in other areas. As for adding a budget boost set up and if your jeep has the 14/56, I wouldn't budget these coils as unless you're going to swap to the 18/59. The 18/59 would offer a slight increase in lift and adding the spacers would simply allow for additions of heavier component down the road.

For Instance, Our jeep has the 17/56 setup which makes the jeep appear more level than other jeeps in our area. Although he 17's would be considered to be "enough" we're looking at doing 2x that amount of 19's instead. Same holds true for the rear 56 upping these to either 58 or 59 just so we can retain the level appearance.

No spacers will be added at this time but may need to be added at or after the heavier steel bumpers have been installed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have heard the only benefit to rubicon shocks/spring setup is if you have a two door and you put on rubi take offs from a four dour preferable one that came with hardtop.

It all depends on spring rating, check last two numbers. The higher the number the stiffer the spring.

The spacer pucks will work with any shock/coil combo.
To the op..adding 4 door rubi shock/struts and 2.5 spring spacers will def increase the lift you want as the springs may add 3/4-1" of lift.

If you have aftermarket heavy bumpers or larger spare tire the rubi springs may not give you any increase it height.

Each jeep is different, comes down to weight and spring ratings.
But springs spacers will give you the exact amount of lift they advertise.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Was reading this post and not sure I understand. I was considering adding the Teraflex puck leveling kit to my sport 2dr along with 18/59 springs (already have them). Mine are 14/56 if I remember correctly. Am I asking for trouble? Are we talking about different things? I also have the red shocks to add.
Yes, 14/56 to 18/59 would give you about 1.5" of lift on your 2dr. Then if you were to add the 2.5" spacer lift, you are at 4" of actual lift. That's a huge amount of lift on a JK and needs all kinds of things. Your shocks are drastically too short, you need caster correction, track bars, track bar brackets, drag link flip kit, brake line brackets bump stops, etc. Good 4" kits are $1800 for a reason.
@dannyhagh What size tires are you going to run? For 33's, I would do the springs and shocks, but you could do the 2.5. For 35's you need the 2.5 with shock extensions...

Reactions: dannyhagh

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Pressurized I am not sure the size of the coils I am getting from my friend all I know is that it is coming off of a 2014 2 door rubicon! I'll be sure to look at the tags when I get them myself. I have 31's right now but later down the road definitely going with 33-35. I am definitely sure I am swapping the shocks I'm just unsure about the coils. Again, not really looking for a lift with the coils (half an inch or less I am fine with) just rather have coils with 20,000 miles rather than coils with 130,000 miles. Thank you and Happy fourth everybody!

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
@Pressurized I am not sure the size of the coils I am getting from my friend all I know is that it is coming off of a 2014 2 door rubicon! I'll be sure to look at the tags when I get them myself. I have 31's right now but later down the road definitely going with 33-35. I am definitely sure I am swapping the shocks I'm just unsure about the coils. Again, not really looking for a lift with the coils (half an inch or less I am fine with) just rather have coils with 20,000 miles rather than coils with 130,000 miles. Thank you and Happy fourth everybody!
Ok, better info... Check the coil numbers, depending on your factory specs, you could already have higher numbers. it's not likely, but does happen. In the front the number will range from 10 to 19. For each number increase, the spring is roughly 5/16" longer. Going 2dr to 2dr there isn't much gain typically. So, in that scenario, you could probably do both springs and spacer kit. What you couldn't do is 4dr Rubicon springs and the spacer kit both. So if you are changing from something like a 13 to a 15 then you should be good. Same with the rear, the numbers are just different, 51 to 60.

Reactions: dannyhagh

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have this same exact spacers kit.

I netted 2.7 and 2.2 in height from stock (rubicon springs/shocks), I had prob. the lightest setup you could have.

Even though you donot have to have it, once I installed track bars and front lower control arms the jeep was tight and drove and handled way better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts